Woke up this morning head still full of this stupid cold and chest feeling a bit rattly. Decided at midday better phone admissions at hospital explained how I felt really helpful nurse said she would speak to anethasist for opinion about going ahead on Thursday she got back to me within the hour and had spoken to both anethasist and surgeon they won't go ahead want me to be at least a week clear of the cold for major surgery. Now feel numb and deflated suppose I half expected this when I started the cold . They can't give me a date yet due to holidays and will have to go for pre op again I have gone back on anti inflammatories for the time being to try and get some relief will probably go back to work in limited capacity until Christmas .Thank you everyone for your earlier thoughts and good wishes . Oh well new year soon perhaps new start then 3rd time lucky.