TKR One day at a time!

Morning guys! I've come to the conclusion that my legs are too long for most recliners... Wait... It's possible, even probable, that that leg is slightly longer now with the hardware in there? I don't ever remember it bothering me before that my ankle just hangs off of the edge. (3am epiphanies!)

I did take the next two weeks off of physical therapy. I struggle not to over do it on my own the other 5 days of the week as it is. PT just seems to be pushing it too much for me. When I saw my OS on Friday, (his PA actually), he wasn't overly thrilled by that idea but there wasn't much he could say when I just kept saying no, I won't be back in PT before I see him again but we could discuss it then. :wink:

I don't ever remember it bothering me before that my ankle just hangs off of the edge. (3am epiphanies!)
I think, especially early in this recovery, our body reacts strongly to everybody! Maybe you’ll notice it less as you heal more.
he wasn't overly thrilled by that idea but there wasn't much he could say when I just kept saying no, I won't be back in PT before I see him again but we could discuss it then. :wink:
You know your particular body better than he does. It’s good that you took charge of your recovery like that!

I struggle not to over do it on my own the other 5 days of the week as it is.
Maybe this stuff won’t seem so much like overdoing, without the PT. It’s these activities that will rehab your knee just fine, as you are able to do them. I call it “natural” PT.

Maybe this stuff won’t seem so much like overdoing, without the PT. It’s these activities that will rehab your knee just fine, as you are able to do them. I call it “natural” PT.
That's what I'm hoping for. Daily life in itself is always busy anyways!

You are doing really well! Soaking in the hot tub sounds like paradise. I managed a bath with my injured knee out of the water and it was amazing. Even managed to get back out which was a relief. Glad to hear about your progress.

You are doing really well! Soaking in the hot tub sounds like paradise. I managed a bath with my injured knee out of the water and it was amazing. Even managed to get back out which was a relief. Glad to hear about your progress.
I remember that first soak in the bath! Heaven mixed with fear of not being able to get out. I'm glad you did it. There's nothing like it, right?

So it's just over 8 weeks and I thought I'd check in. I had my checkup with my OS on Monday. I'm doing great in general. ROM is close to 125 and extension is at -1. At least it was until the puppies got me again. Those two are going to be the death of me.

We had to take a trip to Oregon last week. Note to self, first class is the way to go to stretch that leg on a flight (Thank you husbands flight status!). Overall I did well but obviously I overdid it.

Seems like a theme. It's frustrating. I'm really tired of icing, elevating, not sleeping and I just want to be over it.

Yup, 2 am pity party. At least it's in the hot tub with the jet on my sore right hip (really??) with the leg propped on the edge with an ice pack, all while watching Hamilton... Again.

One of those nights... Or does this count as morning?

Well, I'm coming up on 14 weeks post-op. Overall, pretty darn good. The last week I've really noticed a difference in how much I can do, and even though it gets pretty tired when I'm working it, ice will usually fix it up within an hour or two.

Yesterday I got cocky again, though. On my walk I decided to do a few reps of steps after discovering I could do one at all. Needless to say, 5 sets of 20 were too many! :headbang: This'll take a few days to recover from. Ugh

Yes, our knees tell us immediately when we have abused them. They do get even with us. It sounds like you are making good progress overall and that is wonderful. So hard to be patient when the sun is shining and one is feeling good. Have a peaceful evening.

They do! You have a nice evening, Lee!

So I'm up to 15 weeks. Short term disability is coming to an end soon so I'm ramping myself up to go back to work. This morning I braved the gym. A half hour walk, at an easy pace, adjusting the incline seemed to be good. It was a nice stretch and really felt Ok. Straight home to the recliner, dropped the frozen water bottles into the IceMan and I'm relaxing for the day. If it does alright, I'll try a half day at work on Thursday. :::fingers crossed:::

Hi, I had my left tkr exactly a month after yours and had arthritis in both knees as well. I can't believe your activity level pre-surgery, 10 miles, wow! It has been hard for me too.

Well I'm still not back to work but through no fault of my bionic knee. HR is terribly slow at processing things so I'm just relaxing. I went horseback riding on Monday. It was good. Better than I'd expected. Just a nice trail ride, on my old man. That was a huge milestone for me. :egypdance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom