THR On the other side!

Good Afternoon Creampuff,
Sorry you’re dealing with some discomfort.
You most likely irritated some healing soft tissue. Rest and ice as you’re doing and try to avoid that same movement for a time. Please consider stepping back from therapy tomorrow in an effort to avoid further aggravation to the area.
PT is not really necessary as you’ll see from the BIG TIP in the Recovery Guidelines -

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Creampuff

Hello All,
I took a pain pill, 1st one in a while, iced and rested on Sunday. I had another little incident where the puppy ran into my left leg and the big dog wouldn't move out of my way that caused more pain on Sunday.
I did cancel my PT appointment and actually walked and was up and down steps many times yesterday, and happily, I found that the discomfort was 90% resolved and I seem to be gaining strength back. I've only had one other major surgery and I remember reaching a point where I was just getting to feel decent again. I'm hoping that this is the new normal!

Hello and Happy Tuesday!
Its great you’re feeling better. Take it slow though, it’s still early days in the whole scheme of things. Five more days and you’ll be one month post op already. I remember where I was at one month post op and it was a wonderful feeling.:happydance:Keep up the good work.
Wishing you a great week!
@Creampuff

Wonderful report. Our pets sometimes are too loving. In the early days I used my walker as protection from our new 2yo overly friendly puppy. Have a great day.

The puppy, who is actually nearly full grown at 8 months, was with a friend for the first 3 weeks. He came home last week and really is pretty good except for that little situation.
Thanks all!

I am back where I was before my little setback and that feels good. I went to therapy today and nothing hurt, getting stronger as expected.
I'm thinking about returning to work in about 3 weeks. By that time, would I be able to wear my usual shoes? I normally wear something with a small heel. Everything is a pretty sensible style at this point in my life.

:wave:Hello @Creampuff
Happy One Month Anniversary! Sorry it’s a day late.
Thankfully you’re feeling better. :)

A return to work at seven weeks post op is pretty ambitious. Wondering if you’re able to do a Phased Return? I understand that not everyone has that flexibility. I’ll leave the article on a Phased Return which helps explain why it’s a good idea to take advantage, if you have the option.

Heels didn‘t appeal to me this early post op, from my recollection. Maybe it’s just an age thing because giving it some thought, heels haven’t appealed to me much in years, lol.

I hope you have a lovely week! :SUNsmile:

I looked at phased return, and while I can do it, financially it makes more sense to just go back full time. I'm taking it day at a time trying to determine when I want to go back. On another note, I did have a mani/pedi today and that was very nice. I really needed it!

I did my first pedi at one month post op. What a chore, but super satisfying. :happydance:
Glad you enjoyed that little boost!
A peaceful evening to you, Creampuff. :sleeep:
@Creampuff

I saw some of your previous posts, and yes. I could lift my legs like I was marching before the surgery. And yes. I get boat loads of discomfort after I get up from a chair or similar. My back even twinges, but I've read plenty of posts (even from forums in other countries) that this is totally normal at first. I feel like my leg muscles are all shot after this, so I'm just mentally ready to re-learn to walk, to squat, to kneel, to everything. I was cleaning out laundry room's floor today and sat on my heels, and ooooooh boy. Did that hurt my knees of all things. But I haven't used my knees for months at this point, so I'm not surprised.
Take. It. Easy. Try things but don't force things. You got this.

Hi Ava
I'm afraid that I couldn't squat now, no matter how I might try. On the list!

Hello All,
I am returning to work tomorrow. I do feel ready. I can walk, drive and I'm off the narcotics. I'm sure that I will be a bit tired at first. I think my recovery is really sort of miraculous!

Thanks for updating! It does feel miraculous when that horrid pain is gone and you can once again do the things that became increasing difficult.
I hope work goes well for you tomorrow. It’s still a bit concerning since you’re only seven weeks post op. I do hope you’ll be able to rest upon your return home, not doing much else for the remainder of the evening. You may be more tired than you’re anticipating. Hoping you do well though. Let us know how it’s going after a few days?
Good Luck! :)
@Creampuff

Day 1 I was tired but fine. Day 2 just odd little aches from the office chair. Day 3 I felt really rested and less ouchy. Overall, it's going fine! Thanks for checking.

Good to hear the return to work is going well. Don't forget to get up and take a walk every so often, stretch it out a little, those office chairs are the pits! :snork: And if need be take some ice packs with you, maybe put them in a cooler if there's not a freezer handy.

Thanks all!
One week behind me and I am tired but all is well. I bought a new pair of Skechers today at lunch because I don't think my old shoes will work any more. Just a little bit too much heel, and trust me, it's not that much! My bunions forced me into sensible shoes.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom