TKR On the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, isn't it! I used to get in the car just for a drive or to go through a drive-thru.

Its so great not having to rely on others for transport!

@jaschembra I was wondering how you were doing also!!!! I doing good. Now that I am driving and starting to get back into life, I realize how much I need this surgery. I am still stiff and swollen, but I now am remembering, how bad I was before the replacement. I'll go the store and am stiff and swollen, but before the surgery, when I went to the store, by the time I got to the car, I was almost in tears. I am not using the cane much. I have a lot more healing to go, but I can now, for the first time, say I am glad I had the surgery. Nights are still rough, but a little less stiff in the morning. I feel like the last 5 days I have really felt an improvement.

How is your progress. You have been in my thoughts.

:wowspring:Freedom! Now just be careful and don't overdo it! Glad your seeing the light in your tunnel!:yes!:

All is good. Just riding the wave... Hoping for more bend this week as my 2 month OS appointment is this Friday.

30 year anniversary tonight. Went to a very casual mexican restaurant with my 2 youngest sons My requirement was somewhere where I can wear yoga pants and gym shoes. Success.

And I can use my cane!!! I gave it up but today I needed it!!

Happy anniversary! Glad you enjoyed it! Nothing wrong with using our canes. I used mine today and a wheelchair at the airport. :tada:

Happy Anniversary! I've not yet gone a full day without using my cane at some point in time.

Happy Anniversary! Nothing wrong with yoga pants and gym shoes! It sounds like your knee is behaving pretty well it is nice to get back to life isn't it?

@Red's Mom Yes my knee, for the most part, is behaving. Walking pretty good. I just feel it starting to behave like a regular knee should. She threw a temper tantrum on Tuesday after a PT session that was just too much for her. It is not what I did during PT, but the fact that it is done within a small time frame. I would rather just do the exercises on mine own, and spread it out throughout the day. I have a bike in my home so that is a plus. I haven't decided if I am going back.

I think my recumbent bike has been very good for me at home. On PT days, I do it once and off days I try and do it twice. I've already decreased my seat distance by 3 holes, 1 hole at a time! I won't get any closer now, this is the normal spot - but it will be a few days before going all the way around is comfortable at this setting.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Happy anniversary! Slowly getting it back to normal! Since you are still having issues at night, have you discovered anything that works for you? Hope it continues to improve!

Time, patience, trial and error. I love my body pillow. It has helped me a lot. Every night gets better. At the beginning sleep when you can. I still have to **** positions at night, but it gets easier.

I was wondering the same @RMasano. Are you sleeping any better? Have you tried the plastic wrapped knee? It has been my lifesaver for the last few days when for some reason my knee has been super sensitive. We have had a big barometric pressure change in weather so perhaps that's it. Always affected my old knees.

Miss you guys!!! I am doing good, but lately, it is at a snails pace. Went to the city this weekend to spend time with my daughter and boy am I paying for it. I used my cane, because it was raining. Was fun. Still swollen and stiff, but still a lot better than before surgery. I am sleeping great, with the aid of tylenol pm. The incision is very sensitive. I still have "knee envy". I still wonder, "Will I ever walk normal?" I stopped therapy. I have to listen to my husband say I should still be in therapy because I am walking with a limp. My therapist was great but doing everything in an hour and a half was taking a toll. Now, I do bike in morning(I have one in my house) and do other exercise throughout the day. It makes more sense to spread it out through the day.

Again, miss your guys. Hope everyone is taking one step at a time but making strides!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie