THR On My Feet Again

Well, I hope you get to keep it!
Really, sorry - not humorous.
I'm sorry you have to get this attended to today but it needs to go! I would certainly think this would fall under a post-op complication, irregardless of the time period.
Please let us know what they decide it is.:umm:

@Mojo333 I got the impression they aren't considering this as a post-op complication but that's certainly one of my issues right now. Surgery center is trying to schedule for the 24th so I'll keep you posted on my little package...........maybe it's the doctor's cell phone like the commercial :rotfl:

:shocked: I'm wondering if it's a screw or something? My grandson had one popping out after a serious femur fracture. I would be very curious to know if Josephine has a guess. Sure doesn't look anything like when I popped a stitch!!

@Carriemay60 I don't think it's a screw because although the top of it is hard, it can still be flexed. I have a feeling, now that I've calmed down a little :sigh: that the OS is perplexed and doesn't want to say until he "digs" it out. It's definitely a puzzle and I'm really curious to find out now!

My dad had a very similar situation with an incision on his leg from where arteries were removed for bypass surgery. It did turn out to be stitches, and it was further away from the incision than you would have expected. Once removed, healed quickly and no further issues. fingers crossed the same for you!

@SE Florida The picture does not look like it is on the regular stitches? It looks like it is all by itself. Anyways I'm sorry you have to go through more turmoil. You have every right to feel blankety blank off. Will be interesting to see what it is. And why do you think you are an idiot? Stop that nonsense, you are a sweet caring person, definitely not an idiot.:console2:

@Cecropia No it's not on the actual incision and that's why my OS acts baffled I guess. What JennyLynne said about her Dad made me feel better about it (post above). If you think of everything we've already gone through with surgery and recovery, it's just something else I really don't need/want! In reality it's really no big deal like a whole hip replacement.........argh, I don't know why it upsets me. It just does. Thank you for your kind words though, you're a sweetheart. Enough about me, I hope all is going well for you today too! And I missed your 2 week anniversary too, so Happy Anniversary!! :loveshwr:

It’s just one more thing that you don’t want!!!!! Can so understand how you feel @SE Florida
My twin sis had her stitches out & they left one in that started pushing its way out 5 weeks later... they snipped & pulled it & healed up afterwards.
The fact that he thinks it’s OK to leave until 24th must mean he doesn’t think it’s more significant hopefully... thinking of you xxc[emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:wave: hippy pal!..
I know you are ready to lose o tannenbaum?

Hope all is elsewise going well with your hip?!
Hope you have some fun this weekend!:friends:

Good Morning :wave:
Hopefully surgery is still on for Monday.
We should have had a contest "Name that thing". Winner takes nothing more the title of Smarty Pants.
If I were a betting woman, I'd go with JennyLynne's hunch because it's the only somewhat logical one I've heard.
Well soon find out...
Have a good weekend!
@SE Florida

@Mojo333 and @Layla, yep the tree trimming is at 10:45 Monday. There's a bit of a power struggle right now with the OS unfortunately. I'm calling it a post-op complication but apparently he hasn't submitted it that way. Irritating that I might have to actually pay him for this!!! Ok, getting way too cranky about this. Sorry! I'm sure it's like JennyLynne's dads although my husband is snickering that he's sure it's the doctor's cell phone in there! :loll:

It does seem like a post op complication. At least it is to you. And no one can blame you for getting cranky.
You just want it over with and I'm sure are curious to know what IT is. Hurry up Monday!
Soon the mystery will be history!
@SE Florida

If it is stitching...and it was something that was used in surgery (which I believe it is..) then, it is a post-op issue.
Let's get rid of it, and if it is the docs cell phone or his name badge...that will have him dead to rights.
Worry about that part of it after this is over.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts