THR On My Feet Again

Sure thing!
That does sound better since you're three months in.
Aren't you glad you're no longer 3 DAYS post op?!!
Have a wonderful week :SUNsmile:
@SE Florida

My whine session, pity party anyone? Since first days of post op, I noticed a small "dot" on the bottom side of my incision. I didn't think anything of it until it turned into a pearly looking growth and it felt like a piece of fishing line coming out of it!! I asked my OS about it on my last visit mid-May......he acted pretty stumped. I asked him if it was the internal sutures poking out but since it wasn't on the actual incision he said probably not. Duh. It's about 1/2 inch from the incision. Long story short, in a matter of 3 weeks it now resembles a teeny tiny Christmas tree shape, very hard, and the top is darker and discolored. There seems to be more than one suture coming out of it and I can wiggle the top of it. The base of my new "tree" has a red ring around it. And it catches and rubs on my leggings and jeans. Finally got a pic of it and sent it to the PA this a.m.......she wanted me to come today and get it removed; I'm out of town so doing that on Monday. :scratch: My incision seems awfully red yet (normal), everything else is good?? :gaah:Ah well, that's why it's called recovery :heehee:

I had a bikini line incision several years ago. It was months (maybe as much as a year) later that I could feel something and it was almost festering. Soon discovered it felt like fishing twine and a week or so later I gave it a gentle push and out came about 1/4" of stitch!!

I've read of that happening months later also. Its called spitting a stitch.
Sometimes instead of dissolving the stitches, your body will push the foreign object out.
Hopefully you're not worried because I don't think you need to be. They'll take care of it for you on Monday.
Have a nice Friday and a lovely weekend!
@SE Florida

Hope your ‘Christmas Tree’ is soon removed...
It’s just something else that you don’t need in recovery! However, it seems that is how this THR stuff goes... I got so down in my first THR I thought all these incidents would never end..
I’m so well prepared for it this time around..
Have a great weekend & hope Monday sees an end to it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hi:
Have fun out of town and safe travels back home.
Happy Friday!
@SE Florida

How cool for your grandson! Over twelve and a half miles...that is crazy, but certainly awesome. You must be so proud. Sorry you're dragging today. I hope you're able to chill this weekend and catch up on some rest.
Have a good one. :wave:
@SE Florida

I don't know, what's a little more slicing and dicing at this point! Sorry, I'm pretty sleep deprived today and getting slap happy! I'll just be happy to get if off! :yes:

@SE Florida Your grandson swam 12 miles, now that's quite a swim. Were you worried about sharks or those big snakes? Now rest up. Good that you are getting out and having fun. Hope Monday all goes well cause, really it's out of season for Christmas trees...:heehee:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member