Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

Thank you all. My hubby sure needs a change. He has been taking care of me chauffeuring me around ,cleaning, making meals, moving our son twice , taking care of our properties, painting the front of our house(on brick) and it is about 35-40ft high--oh gawd and working a full week--his day job.As said I helped before now I cant but I have told him we must hire people. He is obstinate there.Our son has a heavy school schedule and is in his final graduating year. He gets food for me, makes meals too and cuts the food when I am preparing a meal. I can't ask for more. I would like to do more.
The PT called yesterday the one the gov. pays for and linked with my OS. He still wants me to continue--thinks I have trouble dressing--I dont I cross my legs over the other to put socks on(shower and dress in 15 minutes)--and asks if I have trouble with stairs-heck no it was one of the first things I did. I think he has me confused with someone else as it has been over a month I wasn't there.My hubby thinks he has a crush on me. I said no I am more of a mother figure and besides he is gay.Told him sessions should cease because of all the issues I am encountering now.He says he will reluctantly close the file.Oh please do.

I slept better in the afternoon yesterday--with the use of heat and a muscle balm.

Oh and I heard the Canada Geese overhead in my garden--oh no --that means an awful winter.

Yes Crecopia we want the sun in January--a month--2 months--our son is living here so he can care for the cats.I hope my issues will be over by then.

Think as positively as you can, @mikeycat, and daydream about a lovely month of sunshine in January. Like everyone else, I hope by then the worst of this horrible pain you're dealing with will have subsided and you will be looking forward to life again. Sounds like the heat and muscle balm helped a little yesterday afternoon, maybe a repeat performance again today? Hope today goes well for you, happy Saturday.

Catching up on your thread @mikeycat So sorry for your long suffering with your hand and shoulder. Will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed on Wednesday that your surgery is very successful and brings rapid relief. Shoulder pain in my personal experience can absolutely radiate from hand and elbow pain. I had crazy pain from my prolonged walker use to aid in fracture healing. Amazingly the shoulder has resolved after I stopped leaning on my right hand and walker.

You are so strong. Spreading encouragement all around this community despite going through your own struggles. Will be watching for your updates. Hoping you are pain free very soon! :friends:

Well the nurse called today to give me directives--oh boy I've got the woolies now.No more meds from now and fasting tomorrow night and directives on what to wear as I will have difficulty afterwards and of course someone to drive me home. Saw my PT today and it is the rotator cuffs of both arms giving me grief. She will work on these so that I will be ok in the future--well that's positive. I am stiff in the hips but it is pouring rain and will rain all week with thunder showers so there goes the walking for my hips. So now hands, rotator cuffs,hips...hmmm.

@mikeycat I'm sending you some of my sunshine from here to help you find that light at the end of the tunnel. I know it's scary to go through yet one more surgery and the pain involved but I'm really hoping and praying that this puts you in that path to recovery, all around, not just the hips.

Hi @mikeycat
Your hips seem to be fine, considering how phenomenally well you've done as a bilateral. I stand in awe.
Let's trust that the PT will be able to help bring you relief in regard to the rotator cuffs and have faith the procedure tomorrow will ultimately allow you to forget about the hand issues you've struggled with.
Let's think positive and paint a picture in our mind of you moving forward, without pain, recapturing life as you knew it before all of these issues began weighing you down. I believe it's attainable with motivation, determination and a little more time healing. Hopefully it's all good in the very near future. Wishing you luck tomorrow, we'll be thinking of you and will look forward to an update soon.
Big hugs!

Thank you everyone for your inspiring words and of course phenomenal support. Couldn't make it without.
I was reading jwadds another bilateral and she too has problems with her rotator cuffs. Wonder if it is a byproduct.My PT can resolve the issue. She said it is inflammation tendinitis and will work on it. I am better today and slept last night after her session. She said could be arthritis but any surgery is last result and probably this is the pressure of the walker and she will 'fix' it. She is a bloomin miracle worker.

Hips stiff but my worry is tomorrow--got to get through this--know I can.

Isn't today your hand surgery, @mikeycat? Boy, I hope it's over and done with now, and that the pain, while I suspect it's pretty awful, is very time limited and I hope that very shortly things will start looking up for you. So glad to read that your PT is convinced she can work with you to resolve some of those awful issues you're experiencing. If she can work with you to effect a miracle, she'll be worth every penny she'll be paid. Thinking of you today, and fingers and toes crossed for a successful outcome. Cyber hugs coming your way!

I hope you're resting comfortably @mikeycat and not in too much pain. Hopefully you're breathing a big sigh of relief to have the procedure behind you. Let us know how you're doing when you're feeling up to it.
Sending a hug and wishes for your comfort.

Hi everyone. The hand doc was very accommodating and did everything to insure I did not suffer.Treatment was comforting. They heat up their blankets and place over you on the bed in the pre-op room. There were others there also laying down. After disrobing and wearing their designer gowns-the nurse holds your arm and helps you unto the bed. I was extremely nervous and underneath both hands shook. But I was met by the anesthesiologist who assured me I wouldn't feel a thing. I actually heard him speaking with my doc who insisted I feel nothing and then I heard my doc say he would give me a local to freeze the hand post -op. After 1/2 hour I walked into operating room to get on table with the assistance of the nurse. A needle was placed in my hand and it burned like no tomorrow which I voiced so the anesthesiologist started another in my forearm and asked if I felt that one. I said no and then he removed the one from my hand. Then a mask was placed over my mouth and then the next thing I remember I was in the recovery room. I had not felt a thing.My hand was bandaged and the nurse came to ask me questions. No druggy feeling whatsoever. I was very hungry and felt energetic and wanted to leave.I had to stay for what seemed like an hour. Doc visited me with directives and prescription and an apt to return in 10 days.Off I went with directives and a rather newer drug-ketorolec 10mg. which I got there--used for medium to severe pain but not to be used on a long term basis. Doc wants to know the results of this and how it worked on me.
I must say pain afterwards was much less severe and that drug worked on my hand but the shoulder on the side of that hand was very painful and strangely didn't react to that drug. I did not sleep the night. I am fine today-no pain in hands but shoulders though much less pain in them now. My husband insists that I do absolutely nothing for a month with the hands-just feed myself and tend to personal hygiene and dressing.I will just go out walking in the park with nothing over my shoulders and nothing in my hands.I need to get more gains in my hips. I need exercise. My hubby said he was so proud of me ,my stamina and courage and my gait. He says he hasn't seen me walk like this in ages-straight and tall and without a limp.So I guess I had a few gains even though I had done little outside the house.So 'all's well that end's well'. And the chorus here is the best-the very best.

@mikeycat so glad to hear all went well! Sounds like you had a very caring team taking care of you all the way. Hope this recovery is quick and pain free. Please keep us updated!

@mikeycat what great great great news! Taking it slow and easy is not a simple thing to do but listen to your husband and give it all a month to heal.

Wonderful news!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you!! :loveshwr:
Your husband sounds like a wonderful support for you and that is so important.
Rest, dear @mikeycat and here's hoping everyday shows improvement.

Loved hubby telling you how proud of you he was! Maybe your new name should be "walking tall"

Thank you Jaycey, CricketHip and ceezee. I am walking tall and feeling better. So much better I just sent a letter of complaint to the mayor of this borough. Traffic and construction is nuts here as I lamented so many times but right now there is a byproduct of rerouted traffic down a tiny 1-way street--mine and it is disruptive to say the least and I pay a truckload of taxes. Used to be able to sleep in the basement but not set up there anymore. Will be going to the country--yippee--hopefully to get rest which eludes me in the city due to the city's antics.So I must be feeling more of my fighting self. I must say I was very pleasingly loose at the hips this am--bounded up easily and my left claw er hand is becoming more like a hand so I am eternally grateful to this skilled doc.
Yup, CricketHip I am walking tall this am.

How awesome! A stronger, happier, more relaxed version of yourself emerging as the pain is resolving.
It's wonderful to hear you mention going to the country again for the weekend. You've certainly earned the R&R that an escape from the city will bring. I hope the sights, sounds and scents of nature this weekend bring peace and restoration to your mind and body. Safe travels and ENJOY!
@mikeycat

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks