Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

How you doing Barbaraj? I envied that food you had at the hospital. Well maybe it was a good thing I had dog food as it got me out of the hospital so quickly. I might have stayed longer.

This is my new mantra ''I want to beg you as I can, to be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue.Do not seek the answers,which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them.And the point is to live everything.Live the questions now.Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.'' Rainer Maria Rilke

I am writing letters of thank you to my OS , his staff and the nurses on 8West who have made my life better for a reason I dont know why but hope to live into the answer.

@mikeycat
What a kind thing to do. From your first week home, you were so unsure and feeling a little down, but now your spirit has soared to the heavens with gratitude and happiness. So great to see you launching into the future, with no regrets...

I am writing letters of thank you to my OS , his staff and the nurses on 8West who have made my life better

What a thoughtful thing to do! Kind move @mikeycat
Hope you have a wonderful Thursday! :SUNsmile: We're heating up quickly here. Dew points are oppressive.
Definitely a AC kind of day.

@Layla I have been looking at gift baskets and plants and there is so much online it is mind boggling.And since June 4 I have wanted to do this just got so indecisive about what to write and send and here I am 7 weeks down the road the nurses probably dont even remember me but I most certainly remember them -those angels of mercy.And the amazing OS such precision ,skill, genius I am totally in his debt.

Good morning @mikeycat. I also wanted to send something to the nurses and staff at UBC hospital. My daughter suggested a basket of teas and cookies, that way most of the staff would be able to share/enjoy when they are on shift. I wasn't going to have it delivered, but take it there myself. Unlikely anyone would remember me, but I think it's more personal. I think it's nice for them to have feedback on how their job positively affects patients, they play such a critical roll and don't get near enough credit or support.

I second that.I could not bring it as I don't have the car ---anyway it is a nightmare driving in this city because of construction and this hospital is huge better the drivers from these places I order from--one is edible stuff fruit/chocolate dipped and a letter with the time I was there, rm etc. They can look me up in the logs if they care to but it really doesn't matter if they know me as I just want them to know they are appreciated and they were instrumental on my road to recovery.I am sending the doc a letter--he will get an exposé a veritable on my knees thank you and plant and his sec as well as she was pivotal in all the dealings and she worked /works tirelessly.

@Cecropia how time flies and the roller coaster of emotions fearful, reluctant, anger, sadness, frustration,depression, joy, elation, gratefulness,oh and finally humility have crossed my path and many others I am sure.And you are right 'no regrets'. But I must do something with this gift.

Well week-end over got another bite even though I did not venture outside. This one became blood blister had to take anti-histamines which always sends me backwards on the recovery road as muscles get stiff and sore and won't co-operate. Had to go to emergency clinic for antibiotics as this thing was spreading. On the brighter side received all my records from the hospital which I had asked for and see in a detailed report the surgery that was performed. This assures me no end.Have PT tomorrow-want to walk outside for awhile if I can.

Too bad about your home invading insect attack @mikeycat. There's a flying insect out there that when it bites me I swell up immediately. Bites my ear my whole ear swells up and burns red. That's why I sprayed my yard before surgery. I've been going out on my top deck every day however only for about 10 min at a time. Hope you feel better soon.

@mikeycat
You don't have a problem with mosquitos around your house? Just in the countryside? What a tradeoff and so unfair. I wonder if they make something you could take like an antihistamine every day before going to the countryside, one that would not have side effects.
Glad you have recovered from your surgery well and the bugs have not been able to mess with your progress there.

I don't know if anyone else gets this but when I take benadryl I sleep and then when I get up my muscles are sore and I can barely walk.
Always :yes:
Up to six months out...
The extent of the rigidity often correlated with the amount of Over Activity I engaged in.
Does get easier...do still give yourself plenty of ice and rest and elevate time.
You are doing just Great.:happydance:

There aren't too many mosquitoes in the city strangely enough not even in the garden but I think this was another spider bite. Unsure if the antibiotics are working and the bite looks hideous.I appear to be allergic to all insects since that recluse spider bite several years ago.
I am back to sleeping on my back deliberately because I have been tossing side to side and I can't get any sleep--who knew? Maybe that is why I had such poor quality sleep turning like a chicken on a spit these last years.
My hospital report:What I discovered from my hospital report is that the hip replacements are cementless and they gave me a drug with vancomycin that decreases the possibility of transfusions and I lost only 400ccs of blood.Apparently I was not made like most anatomically speaking (in terms of the hips) and they compensated and did a bang up job. Maybe it was the reason I had hip arthritis to begin with.I love more info. Hubby could not hear as he said it would make him faint.
@julesglass Is it all bugs and how are you doing?
@Cecropia I can't or at least will limit the antihistamines because it wreaks havoc on me in a strange way. It is more potent than narcs and my muscles don't work the next day. This is a recent phenomenon since the last 6 months.I am reading about all things to repel those bugs. Will wash with citronella and spray lemon juice--a concoction--on me and around me. Thanks for all the info folks.PT today.

The bug bites and possible spider bite sound horrible.. I like getting my surgery report, too. It wasn't ready when I had my 3 week check up last week, my OS went off on vacation the week following my surgery and hasn't signed off on the report yet. You sound so much better these days.. that is wonderful!!

am reading about all things to repel those bugs

Just a thought, I wash every day with something you can order from QVC called ABC (Australian Body care Company) tea tree shower wash. Tea tree is reputed to be a natural insect repellent. It's a nice skin wash and feels so refreshing especially on a hot day. I am a bug magnet but don't seem to be pestered nearly as much as before. I've also heard Avon skin so soft keeps the bugs away. Good luck.

Wow, that's impressive that you actually wanted to read your surgery report in detail, @mikeycat! I suppose I could ask for mine, but I'm not sure it would satisfy a need in me. But different folks need different things to make them feel comfortable and move on. Sorry to read about those nasty bug bites. I went into surgery with my right forearm littered with about a half dozen bites from some hacked off insect(s). I think I stuck my bare arm into a bit of garden greenery and they leaped! But my bug bites don't swell up and cause the kind of serious reaction you're describing. Today I still see small pinpricks but no itching or redness. Hope you're feeling better today.

Happy Tuesday
I've also heard Skin So Soft from Avon works. Never tried It myself. Not crazy about the scent. If it keeps the bugs away, it may be worth it. You certainly seem to be a target, poor mikeycat.
It sounds like your recovery is coming right along. Keep up the good work!
@mikeycat

@mikeycat.. Picardin Look for a repellent that has that in it. Natrapel is one brand.. Not sure what other brands are in Canada. I frequent several canoe camping forums in Canada and I do know that it is available..

I think we used skin so soft a while back and not sure where I can get it again. I'll look up the other thanks.It is becoming a huge problem. I wish there was something I could take orally.
@CricketHip. I had to write for it. It was epic-pre-op every department and the entire surgical procedure what was used and done. I have everything I keep at home. Also I can get it on line thru the gov. but it takes over 30 days. I guess you like I like to have all these things.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back