TKR October TKR

umbermom

Country
United States United States
I want to post on the October having surgery area. Can't seem to do that. How ?

@umbermom Welcome to BoneSmart! Are you having or did you already have surgery this month? If you can tell me the date and which knee we will get you added to that group.

The group threads are just for listing our members going through surgery at the same time. For any questions or discussion feel free to post on this thread. Our members will be along to chat with you.

I am having surgery in October. When I go to that thread I can't find a place to join that group or post my date.

Hello @umbermom - and :welome:

Please will you post in this thread the full date of your knee replacement and which knee it is, so we can make a signature for you? Knowing the exact date will help us to advise you appropriately in the future.
Thank you. :flwrysmile:

Once I know your full surgery date, I will add your name to the October Feisties surgery team thread which is here:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...are-you-having-knee-surgery-in-october.60754/
I see you found that thread. You could have just posted your surgery date in the text box at the bottom of the page, where it says "Write your reply".

The October Feisties is essentially just a list of people having surgery in October 2020, so you can see who is having surgery around the same time as you are. These people will be your surgery buddies, but you'll need to talk to them on their own threads and on your thread, because we don't have chatting on the October Feisties thread..

Am I now part of the group October surgery group?

Am I now part of the group October surgery group?

No. You can't be part of the October surgery group until you tell us the full date of your expected surgery, as I explained in my last post. Didn't you read it?

Please write your full surgery date here in this thread and I will add you to the group.

I am having total knee replacement surgery on October 26, 2020. Thank you

Thank you.
I have made your signature and added your name to the October Feisties surgery team list.
(Please remember that the team club is primarily to allow you to see who has surgery the same month as you. Discussion of issues, comments, and questions regarding surgery must be kept in your individual threads.)

Here is some information, to help you prepare for your surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks