October Feisties - Are You Having Surgery In October 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR ..Staff member since Feb 2009..
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
OneStep Ambassador Icon
ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn267_NicixBunnyXxX_photography_fall.jpg

It's time to get our team together and start the train headin' down the track for the month of October - The October Fall Feisties are ready to roll!

If you are having surgery in October, please post here and cheer each other on. We're looking for a great group of soon-to-be feisty knee recovery patients ready to move on with their lives. :dancy:

billynn

I'm in the October knee replacement/birthday club! Surgery is 10/25 so I'll celebrate my birthday from 10/1 to 10/24.:wink1:

goodasnew

graduate
I'm in for October 20th (I think) or around that time. Need to check with the hospital. I'm doing lots of quad exercises in preparation and hoping it well help recovery! Good luck everyone :thumb:

heyfly

Country
I'm scheduled for Oct 4. Wish it would get here quicker.

Did 9 PT 'prehab" visits and my son showed me a few more exercises, he's an athletic trainer at a prep school. I have a recumbent bike at home and a gym membership, neither of which gets used enough.

Harry

goodasnew

graduate
After visiting the clinic this week I'm now told my surgery will be first week of October instead of 3rd week! So glad it's been brought forward, just want to get on with it! Had all my pre-op checks and all seems OK.

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
Great news!!!! I'm happy for you and I know you'll be relieved to get on to recovery for that second knee.

Country
I'm scheduled for LTKR October 10 and RTKR October 13. :yes 4: I'm actually looking forward to having this done. Have done alot of research on the web, have read "Total Knee Replacement and Rehabilitation" twice and reference it often. I'll be 69 in November--so this is an early birthday present to myself. Last December I gave myself a total right hip replacement. Changed my life in a very positive way--and I anticipate that BTKR will be an equally positive step in making life much more enjoyable. I expect rehab will be more difficult and longer, but usually nothing worthwhile is easy and without challenges.

All of you October TKRers get a big :thumb: from me for deciding to bite the bullet and go for a better quality of life.

I look forward to hearing from you in our journey to pain free knees.

Judy in eastern North Carolina

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
Hi, bottomshollow....welcome to BoneSmart! What a great attitude you have toward your upcoming surgery. That really helps.

Why don't you start your own thread in the pre-op forum and tell us more about yourself. We'd love to get to know you better.

goodasnew

graduate
I got the go ahead today - my 2nd knee will be installed on Saturday 1st October, does that make the first on the list!?:yay:

OP
OP
Jamie

Jamie

Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
I would say so!!! Congratulations to you!

tygerlylli

I'm scheduled for RTKR on October 24th!:thumb: I not sure about the time but, will update the time when I know for sure.:scratch:

jeffreyclay

Country
BTKR Tomorrow (Oct 5) !!I'm ready for the pain to go away if my nerves allow me make it. If you see my Guardian Angel, be sure to tell her not to be late!:console:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
NextStep
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom