THR October 4 RTHR. LTHR done 12/19

CoastNC

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone,

Very very excited to get my next surgery! I got my left hip 2 years ago, and people, this surgery is a life changer!

Jessica

Welcome back! We're happy you joined us again. Thanks!
You may be just the encouragement some of those anxiously awaiting their THR soon need to help ease their apprehension.

I will leave some pre-op reading which may have been updated since you were last here. Please disregard any of the articles that don't apply as you are
HIP PRE-OP ARTICLES

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at stories of amazing hip recoveries
nearing surgery in only a few days from now.
Wishing you comfort and all the best!

Thanks Layla, I'm glad to be back. I'm investigating the OneStep Gait App. It sounds amazing.

I also have a telling tale of physical therapy. For my first sugery(ies) I was gung ho on PT, and I wasn't so sure about the "walking is the only PT you need", but I see the light now. I'll post a new thread when I find the appropriate forum.

I love your enthusiasm and wish you the best of luck. I'm heading in on the 19th for my first THR, but will need a second one soon. It's good to know your first experience was positive and that you're so upbeat heading in to the 2nd. Good luck!

Best Wishes for your big day! Please join us on the bright side when you're up to posting.
Hopefully you're back home resting in your recovery nest soon.
Will look forward to following your healing journey. :wave:
@CoastNC

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties