OA or Rheumatoid Arthritis

J-nice

Country
United States United States
I’m wondering for all the hippies with arthritis,what was the cause of the breakdown of your hip, OA or RA? I’m beginning to wonder that I might have RA.

Evening @J-nice. I was told a number of yrs ago I was prime for OA. Then there goes the hip.

Mine is OA. My dad had RA - specifically anklosing spondylitis, which was in remission for the last 40 or so years of his life, but nevertheless left him with significant postural deformities.

OA for me for all 4 joints. I also have some in my back and thumbs. It is in most of my immediate family - mother, brother, sister. Sometimes genes win out and sometimes it just happens. The good part is that we have great technology to give us our lives back.

I guess mine just happened. None of my family history shows OA.

Hi, @J-nice. Mine was OA all the way! Who knows how I got it! I am active, slim, eat well, never had any idea that I had OA until X-rays showed I was severely arthritic in both hips, and bone-on-bone in my right (and now--heavy sigh--my left, too). I don't think my parents had OA but they had a ton of other medical issues at my age, so if they had OA nobody mentioned it to me and even if they had it, it might have been the least of their worries! None of my brothers have OA, but two out of three have high blood pressure and I've dodged that bullet so far. I guess it's just luck of the draw in terms of who gets OA. Once I got over the shock, I stopped worrying about the why and focused all my attention on everything leading up to surgery.

Unfortunately, OA and RA Is in my genetics from my mother side. It is what it is...as the saying goes!

I guess mine just happened. None of my family history shows OA.

Same here! Luck of the draw..:umm:
I had "back problems"
Diagnosis was endstage OA both hips at age 53:unsure:
Thank goodness for hip replacement!:dancy:

I have OA but I don’t know of anyone in my family who has or had it. LuckY I guess :rotfl: I got rid of it in my right hip with the surgery and so far thankfully, no sign of it in the left but I’m starting to notice a few signs of it in my knees. I know I have OA in both knees and the right they said is bone on bone but it really doesn’t bother me other than the stiffness after sitting for a while. Wishing you well with your upcoming surgery. Your dog is adorable!

Mine was caused by early-onset OA related to CACP Syndrome which affects all teh major joint systems because it's been found it doesn't let the body create joint lubrication

Well, @J-nice, regardless of what caused your hip to break down, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter why, it is realizing that there is a great and permanent fix to the problem! And you're almost there--I'm betting 2020 will be a fabulous year for you!

You're so right, "it is what it is". Not much you can do about it now, sadly.
My dad had both hips replaced, as did my mom. I always felt the writing was on the wall for me.
I'm thankful there is a fix and a successful one at that. We're blessed, or lucky, or however you want to look at it. Things could be far worse as we all know.
Only days to go now....wishing you comfort as you wait.
@J-nice

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks