Numero dos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the Lyrica helping or not. Not sure about the weight loss or loopiness. I was only on it for three days, though. It didn't hurt. . . except maybe the bill.

As for the recovery, slow going. Lot's of muscle cramps. Still can't do much of a straight leg raise. My toddler got a high fever most of the weekend and now I have some crud myself - so not much sleep being had. Grrr.

I can't even remember what I was doing as far as activities at this stage during the last surgery. Maybe I'm doing about the same, but just don't realize it? I totally agree with the "you know what you can get away with sentiment".

. . .50 minutes later. . .

Anyhow, this post was just interrupted by my PT who has informed me that taking my child to the Zoo this past Sunday (POD 6) using my crutches to make the trek was probably stupid and I am hurting and feeling like my recovery is slow because I'm an idiot. Apparently, I should be taking more than celebrex and tylenol if I'm going to try to continue my idiot lifestyle of walking 1 mile at a time at this stage in the recovery.

Y-chromosome, why must you torture me!!!

Hmmmmm . . . another "testosterone trumps common sense" saga--seem to recall MudPro fessing up to an episode not too long ago. :) I can just hear Jo now, "It's still early days--WHAT were you thinking?!"

Not to worry, Dave--just goes to show guys get "hormonal" too--it just manifests itself in a different kind of martyrdom!

Glad to see that despite femur cracks & overexertion, you've retained your infectious sense of humor! (Oh gosh, perhaps "infectious' wasn't the best choice of adjectives!) I'm sure your toddler will love a cuddle & story as much as a zoo trek, so take it easy!

Not as bad as the time I told a young patient that he'd had a 'well executed' operation! You should have seen his face!
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_smilieyikes.jpg

Dave I tend to overdo and am on testosterone gel as part of my hormone replacement due to pituitary problems.

This is surgery major # 3 in less than 2 years adn I think I have finally learned so far not to overdo. Or is it just that eveymove hurts so darn much?

Take it easy.
Judy

Well all,,,,,how do we know if we overdid it,,,,,,unless we overdid it? I think we've all been geniuses! ( NOT!). & each one of us wants to heal as quickly as we (think we) can!!!

I think one of the most iniquitous phrases ever is "Mind you don't overdo it!". (Which I used myself only a few days ago!
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_doh.jpg
)

But I remember after having had major surgery, how people would look at me dolefully and use that phrase. I could never figure out what it really meant. Horrible! It put me in such a tither, I developed agoraphobia to the extent I was off sick for SIX months instead of 10 weeks!

Jo
After my hip replacement when I was allowed to start doing more, about 6 weeks, I asked my surgeon exactly how many steps as I was sure I would overdo it.

ABot 10 minutes later in the conversation, he said 1,000 or some other #. Of course by then I had no idea what he was talking about.

Judy

Jo,,,,,,I'm sure if we have to ask,,,,,the deed's already been DONE,,,,,that we OVERDID it! Since we ALL recover at different rates anyway,,,that's a toughie! And EVERY day is different & unique for EACH of us!

Spot on, Judles. An even nicer one!
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_wink_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks