TKR Now the fun begins!

One week in and many more to go! The first week was rough, pain, sleeplessness, confusion, etc. I’m feeling better and able to move around a lot more. I see and feel small gains daily. I hope everyone else is doing well and can continue to improve.

I was kind of prepared for the pain after my surgery but I wasn’t ready for the other issues that goes along with it such as: itching cause by my meds, rash caused by meds, sweating so much at night that the sheets have to be changed. Do any of you have these or other issues related to your surgery?

Cannot relate to rash /itching and profuse night sweating - could be that you are allergic to your pain medication sounds very like side effects.
I would suggest talking to your OS or Doctor about this.
The pain once controlled will get better with time remember to ice frequently.
By the way your dog Ray is a cutie x

You can ask your doctor for another pain med. Sometimes certain meds cause bad side effects for certain people. I think you should call your doctor as soon as possible and tell him what's going on.

I’m 8 weeks out and I can relate to night sweating. I’m taking Tylenol and Mobric at night. I also wake up stretching my legs and in terrible pain.

but I wasn’t ready for the other issues that goes along with it such as: itching cause by my meds, rash caused by meds, sweating so much at night that the sheets have to be changed.
I found that the pain meds made me itch, too. Some people also experience the other reactions.

For me, it was worth having the itching, in order to get the pain relief.

Just got home from my two week checkup. The doc had me bend my knee and then straighten the knee, and had me walk around the room without the walker. He said to lose the walker, use a cane if I’m going outside but I shouldn’t need any type of assistance at home. He never measure rom or extension but was happy with my progress so far. I love this guy! He said to continue the plan I’m following (which is the bone smart plan), and to return for my next follow up in six weeks. I didn’t have stitches so that wasn’t an issue at all. I am very happy with my results so far! Thanks to all!

Today I’m one month po. I feel like I’m doing great! I’m walking my dog 2 miles almost daily, I’m able to peddle a stationary bike without any problems and I’m doing all of my daily activities without any issues, and I’m sleeping great. I still have some tightness in my knee but it’s not a big deal, and no pain meds. Thanks to all who offered support. This site is awesome!

Just had my second follow up ( 9 weeks). Doc said I was doing great! He checked my bend and extension just by looking, he didn’t measure me at all. I’m having no pain, I’m walking normal and back to hiking with my dog Ray. Life is good! Best wishes to everyone and good luck with your knees!

Blown away that you can walk so far! That is awesome! I'm at 6 weeks out this week and I walk around the yard a few times and do my PT exercises and that's about all I'm up for so far. Gooooo You!

My first week after surgery was very rough. By the end of my second week I was walking with my hiking stick and was feeling better everyday. It will come for you as well. Stay positive and listen to these bonesmart folks. I never went to formal pt. I followed the guidelines given to me here. That’s what I think is helping my recovery. Good luck to you Rubyroo!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back