TKR Now post op

Hey you rock star! :egypdance:
Thanks for sharing the great news of your post op appointment. It's certainly an encouragement to those following behind to see how quickly things can improve. Sorry about the bad PT experience, thankfully lesson learned.
A wonderful weekend to you!
@Creampuff

Thank you! I felt like the poster child for hip replacement when I had that surgery and I feel the same way with my knee. I know I've been fortunate. I'm sure it's some combination of my healing and my surgical team. In any event, I encourage those thinking about having the surgery to be prepared and move ahead!

Happy One Month Anniversary, Creampuff. :flwrysmile:
It's great you've been fortunate, such a blessing. May it only get better.
Warmest wishes for a happy holiday season and a peaceful, healthy New Year!
@Creampuff

Another milestone- went to the office yesterday for the first time in the blizzard like weather. I will admit that it was a lot and my knee was SORE by the end of the day. I have a desk job but driving time was double the usual. I'm glad I went so I can get a feel for what to expect. I will need to elevate my leg and maybe do some work from home in the interest of comfort. Surgery was a little over 6 weeks ago. I'm discharged from PT with good ROM. I can still work on strength and balance.

@Creampuff I know you want to get back to "normal" as quickly as possible. But a return to work at only 6 weeks out is very aggressive. The recommended time off is 10-12 weeks and then a Phased return to work. This includes a desk job.

Listen to that knee. It is already telling you that you have done too much, too soon.

Happy Two Month Anniversary and Happy New year too!
I hope you had a nice holiday season and continue to enjoy steady progress. Have a wonderful week! :wave:
@Creampuff

I haven't been on here for a while. To sum it up:
Yes, I expected too much too fast
Yes, I pushed myself to return to work quickly
Yes, I have been fortunate with how it's all gone.

I still have discomfort when I do certain things. The overall numbness of the area is diminishing and yesterday I had a little nerve pain which was new. My ROM is good but I still have that clicking kneecap thing. I see my surgeon March 6th, right around 4 months post op.

This is a big deal. Not sure I totally appreciated that.

Thanks for all the support!

Glad to hear you're doing well. Creampuff.
You're right, it is a big deal, but it sounds like you're making steady progress.
I still have discomfort when I do certain things.
Normal, especially at not even four months post op. If you feel like sharing, let us know how your appointment goes on the 6th. Wishing you all the best!

Happy Four Month Anniversary, Creampuff!
I hope your appointment went well on Monday, you are handling work and able to get enough rest.
Have a wonderful week!
@Creampuff

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
rubyedith
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom