Now I have to SHOUT cause of GOUT!!! OUCH SH*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuNeez519

Ok heres one fo ya Jo or anyone else who can aswer. I had a terrible gout attack on the right big toe. I have had a couple of outbreaks on my left big toe(after nites of drinking Guinness and sucking down some oysters, must be true) but never on the right which was my TKR, I know my Uric acid levels are out of whack and my Dr said if I should get another outbreak I will need to take Colcichine daily after heavily Prednisone ingestion to make the attack go away. They did give me iron supplements along with multi vitamins as part of my daily nutrition routine. Can the iron have brought it on??? Poor circulation??? Can it spread to a knee??? Shouldn't the uric acid levels come back high during one of my daily blood test??? Help me get the gout out...

NuNeez

Oh yikes - here's where my credibility goes right down the drain. I know zilch about gout, sorry. Best I can do is to Google it which I shall do and make sure I find some sensible sites for you.

Sorreee.

But I know it hurts like stink - poor chappie, NN! You have my sympathies.

Be back later ....

Gout is HORRIBLE. It feels like a nasty hungry big fat monkey has your big toe in it's teeth!!! Poor bubbie...you need to call your dr's office.

I had spokn to my PC, he prescribed Prednisone to relieve the "attack" and ten Colcichine daly to prevent. Iill talk to my OS Monday at my first Post Op visit.

Here's hoping it settles down really quickly, NN

Like you didnt' already have enough to deal with. I feel for you. Never had gout but it sounds miserable. God bless you and touch you with His healing hands that you might experience immediate relief from pain and total healing.

I hope the meds bring you quick relief. Prednisone (altho it has it's "down" side) is a powerful anti-inflammatory and has given me excellent results for inflammatory response in the past.

I too will keep sending healing thoughts, prayers, and wishes your way. I believe in the power of this group and hope it helps you as much as it did me.
There is a lot of combined wisdom,faith, experience, empathy, and compassion around here that you won't find anywhere else.

Take care.

Hope you get some relief from the gout soon nuneez, you must be really going through it. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie