TKR Now I have a matching pair of titanium knees

Good guess but entirely wrong @Dawni . Lyra is a complain and the cool name is a Cavashel; but in plain English, she is a first cross Cavalier x Sheltie. On the one hand she has the nature of a lapdog and is VERY loving to all humans and at the same time she expects everything to be in place or the same with the desire to round us up if we are out walking! It's really comical to see her barking at a new item in the garden for instance; "It wasn't there before so why is this happening?"
I really miss being able to walk her presently, but she got me going last time and I can't wait.
:puppysmooze: :doggie::dogsniff:

Day 13 - I'm very pleased with the condition of the wound and it's giving me no problems at all. I've started using a little Scar reduction serum already as it's important to keep the area supple. I did this last time and my RTKR scar is barely visible.
:thumb: :angel: :yahoo::tada:

Our pets give us such a strong incentive to get better quicker. Having them 'take care of us' the way we've taken care of them is very rewarding. Unconditional love is the best kind, and that's what we get from them!

I'd be afraid to use something on my scar so early on. I won't even touch it! It pulls and is very tight and once the nurse says it's OK, I plan on using something to soften it up, too.

@sistersinhim You're so right in that; Lyra gives me the unconditional love and Simon gives me a lot of that and the care too :heehee::loll:

She's beautiful

LTKR 11 May 2016

My dog Lyra watching over me. Of course I never let her on the bed!
Oh, of course not! I never let my cats on the bed, either. :heehee: Right, we're both telling little fibs there.
Our pets are such good recovery therapy.
Lyra is lovely. I can see the Cavalier in her, but it's fortunate she doesn't have the pug nose, so she won't have the breathing problems sometimes associated with that, right?
I've started using a little Scar reduction serum already as it's important to keep the area supple.
I'd be afraid to use something on my scar so early on.
I'd still be cautious about using anything on the incision until it's completely healed, with no scabs or open areas. To do so can risk introducing infection. I can see that the skin is a bit dry, so perhaps you could put the serum close to, but not actually on the incision, until it's finished healing?

Oh come on all 6 of my lot get on the bed hubby gose of to work and they all cuddle up

LTKR 11 May 2016

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160616_06be163d63400c4b29637d35a69c8195.jpg

This is Tainn

LTKR 11 May 2016

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160616_0e9429a9481011a7ca99f223ada3e92d.jpg

Casey and falan
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160616_495fbd3f6fb38b956e57bdb3df8ca43b.jpg

Presto

LTKR 11 May 2016

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160616_17289a9b3d918cb65128d66194df776b.jpg

Chrvy

LTKR 11 May 2016

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160616_77a72a374e259f6544ed54a539cf3471.jpg

Folley

LTKR 11 May 2016

Be very careful putting anything on your scar/incision area. I would hold off until it is totally healed and closed. My OS had me wait two months after surgery and it didn't effect the scar at all.

@Celle You are correct about the Serum. I have been very cautious with it and have also checked that it contains very natural ingredients. Mostly I use a baby lotion around the area, just to keep the skin supple. Everything seems to be good in that area. Just absolutely sick of the pain in my calf. I managed to get some CryoDerm as suggested by a friendly Bonesmartie. It arrived this morning and just one roll on the sore area helped a lot.
I will be careful; still taking Paracetamol combined with Ibuprofen. This helps a little, but not completely which is to be expected :swoon:

@Celle I hadn't recognised the Pets and our Recovery area either. Sorry about that. I led @Dawni astray (excuse the pun) :loll:

DAY 14 - Feeling "blue" today, but well aware that it was a busy day yesterday and my body is telling me to rest today. Lots of RICE and not much else other than visit for an hour with my grandson as it is his 14th Birthday today :wowspring:

Congrats on your new knee. I was reading about your calf pain and I had the same thing. It was so painful, almost worse than the knee at times. Like newlybionic said calf stretches (very gentle) and I also did massage therapy and used a roller on my calf. All of this very gentle at first and then deeper as my calf would slowly release. I also got a chiropractic adjustment on my ankle and that was the final release. I wouldn't do that just yet this early in your recovery but those are all things that helped me. Good luck I hope you have pain relief soon.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@Mazza - It's OK, to post a picture or two of your fur babies in your thread, but I didn't want it to be continued too long, as there is a thread for our loved furry ones. I love to see the pets.

I'm sorry you're feeling blue today. :friends:
Treat yourself to a pampering day, with lots of RICE.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom