Revision THR Now Facing Left Hip Revision

Sending a better outcome and healing blessings your way on your new journey .

Sending my best wishes for your revision on Thursday. A new beginning for you with a pair of level hips. x

Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow.
We’ll look forward to supporting your healing journey once you’re resting comfortably at home.
Hugs
@Beckford

I am thinking of you this morning and sending all the healing mojo I can muster....:loveshwr:

Thinking of you today. Hope all goes well!

Thinking of you! Wishing you the best. You may already be out of surgery and doing the post op walk they make us do.

Just a quick update. My surgery went ahead on Thursday. I am slowly beginning to feel somewhere near normal! I am happy that I now have equal leg length, (left side was lengthened by 3cm) . Got out of bed today very briefly. Pain is well controlled and I am being very well cared for.
Thank you to all of you for sending your kind wishes.
I will update you with more details soon. Been feeling quite tired but as far as I know all is going well so far.

Hi @Beckford :flwrysmile:
Hope you're feeling even more normal today and that you're still getting that excellent care. Great to hear that your legs are now equal in length. Hope you're able to rest comfortably, getting some well deserved sleep, and that you'll soon be able to continue your recovery at home. Thinking of you and sending best wishes.

Thank you all. Managed to walk some steps today with two crutches. All drains , tubes and catheter removed which feels good. Pain is still minimal and just taking naproxen now. I am going to be allowed home soon, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, that’s the next stage. Still can’t quite believe I have equal leg length after struggling with a significant difference most of my life. Just a few days ago I was 3cm short on the left. It certainly feels strange and I have to keep remembering not to put any weight on the leg which is confusing as it’s only 4 months since it was the other leg I wasn’t allowed any weight on.
I am hoping that’s the last operation for me now for a long time.

Congratulations on having equal leg lengths :yes!:and being done with latest surgery. So glad your pain is well controlled with minimal medication. I hope you get to go home soon since there is no place like home. Sending positive vibes your way for a great recovery. :flwrysmile:

I'm so glad you sound to be doing well...the weight bearing issues would be confusing to your brain after the restrictions.
You sure have had a rough go of it but I know you will be happy to get home so you can concentrate and get some real rest.
Healing hugs coming your way @Beckford

Happy to hear your pain is being well controlled, awesome about the legs being the same length now! Hopefully you got to go home today, if not tomorrow. We always feel so much better at home.

Thank you lovely people! I came home on Tuesday and felt pretty exhausted. So I have now managed two full days at home. Mojo is quite right I have to really stop and think which leg I am keeping the weight off. I get around with two crutches, good job I have strong arms because I am using my right leg which was revised with muscle grafting and the femur was broken to remove the stem so it’s testing that leg to the limit! However it was my decision to go for it and get it done as we see virus numbers going off the scale here I can foresee elected surgery being cancelled!
I am very sore I can’t pretend otherwise but it’s manageable. So delighted to be able to wear normal shoes, it’s a dream after struggling for years with shoe lifts and heel raises!. Anyway today marks the first week after surgery so 5 to go before any weight bearing. That’s the tough one ! The relentless boredom and trying to pass the time , sleeping ok but zero appetite. I thought it was interesting that the socket higher up the pelvis was left where it was and the new socket is below it so I actually have two sockets now on the right ! I hope all new post op hippies are doing well and getting through this early stage which really is no fun at all!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back