THR November countdown

Wishing you the best tomorrow, hoping it's quick and easy and you're up for lunch when it comes! Get some rest tonight, that first slot comes early. :friends:

Got a call tonight that my surgery for tomorrow is canceled as Doc had something come up. Very late notice and frustrating.

:spin::spin::spin::spin:

@Noel310, bummer to hear that the surgery was canceled.

Hopefully you'll soon get a new date and hopefully that new date won't be too far down the road.

I don't know if this is relevant to you, but when I hear of last-minute cancellations like this, I think ... well we don't want the surgeon to operate if something is off ... whether with them and their life ... or with the hospital ... We want that surgeon to be feeling fully good and comfortable operating. But sorry to hear. A letdown.

Last edited:
Thanks I agree. Appreciate your input.

How awful for you as you are so clearly prepared and psyched up for it . Agree that it is best to have everything present and correct so it all runs smoothly but it is pretty gutting nevertheless. Good luck with re-scheduling and keep as positive as you can

Sorry to hear you are once more waiting...
Hope they are to reschedule you very soon.

Surgery was rescheduled to the 22nd due to my Doctor being sick. Better late than never.
Thanks all !

Will get your date revised.:ok:
Glad it is soon :friends:

It is wonderful that they got you in so fast when they moved the date. I know it is still hard since you were set to go.

Hello, @Noel310 :wave:
Sorry to read about the cancelation, thankfully you don't have too wait long.
Ten more days and you'll be on your way to healing, healthy and happy! :happydance: Will look forward to following your journey. Have a great week!

Couldn't adjust to Sleeping on my back with leg elevated and head elevated. Pain meds help initially to knock you out because you are just tired from having the surgery itself and not sleeping in the hospital. Try to sleep whenever you can, afternoon naps etc. and then having something to read or watch if you are awake at night. I brought my laptop into the bedroom and watched The West Wing on Netflix from start to finish while I recovered. This kept my mind off me for awhile.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

@Noel310, Funny, that reason (for cancellation or postponement) is way too simple ... don't we want a story with a lot more drama than "doctor was sick"?

Just kidding, of course!

Congrats on the new date.

Thinking of you today as tomorrow is your big day. Hopefully you've accomplished all you've planned for your recovery nest and you're ready to roll. I'm excited for you, you're going to love the result!
Wishes for your comfort as you await tomorrow...see you on the bright side!
@Noel310

You are going to get through this just fine.
See you on the Healing Side:egypdance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks