THR November 4th LTHR Surgery

:wave: new hippy pal!
I was a recliner sleeper too.:unsure:
My recovery had a lot of trial and error for getting things worked out also.
I did some solo stepping using the back of the sofa and kitchen countertops.
I was surprised, even though my quads and other muscles were very sore, that my hip was Excellent.
Slow and steady Does win this race.
Hope today is a Good Day.:flwrysmile:

I slept in my recliner for the first 17 nights... I moved to my bed only when I felt psychologically ready for it.
:)

Staples removed yesterday and my surgeon was very impressed with my progress. He wishes all his patients would recover like I do.

Today I went shopping for the first time since the surgery and pushed a cart around Walmart for about an hour. I was tired by the end but it felt so good to be able to walk without pain. I will probably do it again tomorrow since the weather/temperature outside is not great for walking.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Happy Saturday! @4cats1home
I'll bet it was nice losing those staples. How reassuring to hear your surgeon's remarks on your progress! I imagine you would be tired after walking around for an hour at only 12 days post op. You may want to consider icing preventatively. Sometimes if we overdo, we don't notice it right away. Hopefully that won't be the case with you.

Getting out and enjoying a change of scenery must have felt good. Even if it was only WalMart.

Wishing you a peaceful evening and weekend!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562