THR Not sure if this is normal fatigue

Just got back from my little house in Utah. I am tired, but just from the drive. You all will be happy to know that I did NOT mow the lawn, or get down and dig weeds. I did use the weed whacker though. I did not do any hiking, because it was rainy. I spent most of my time messing around with this picture frame I picked up used. It was white and I wanted it darker, but I did not like the colors I kept choosing. The kid at the hardware store must of thought I was nuts, because I kept going back for different colors craft paint. He was very polite though and I finally got what I wanted.

@KathyD glad you mostly behaved yourself, although weed whacking is not exactly light work! I am always frustrated trying to find a perfect color, especially when it takes more than a couple of tries. Glad you were able to find the perfect one!

You all will be happy to know that I did NOT mow the lawn, or get down and dig weeds.

I am VERY happy to know.:)

Slow and steady wins this race as you know.
Hope today is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:

Today was a LONG day. I had a dermatology appt in the morning then on to work (one hour drive), then drove back, went grocery shopping, to choir practice, home, unload groceries, collapse. Both of my hips are getting sore from driving. I try to keep them stretched out. I can now grab my ankle behind me to stretch my quads while standing - yay!

Today was my really long commute day - 90 minutes in the morning and 2 hours going home because of the traffic. Everything hurts. The highway is closed one direction at my exit which is at the bottom of a 2 mile long very steep hill. A truck caught on fire because his brakes got too hot. My son has been stuck in traffic coming down the hill for 2 hours now. My side was open but I had to get off a couple of exits early and come up the frontage road because they weren't letting anyone go under the bridge into town. (the trucks that catch on fire always manage to stop right on the bridge). Never a dull moment here!

In a week I will start working at the "long commute" office 3 days a week and I just don't know how that's going to work out. What I do is sort of specialized and there just aren't any jobs any closer right now. Moving is not an option. I'll have to see if my insurance will cover massage therapy.

Any chance of taking some ice packs to work? They helped me in the early days. Not sure if practical for you but I did tuck one down the side when driving and it helped. That and warm baths when I got home did the trick. Good luck. That steep hill sounds horrendous!

Hope you had a restful and relaxing night. The commute sounds like a challenge. Are you home today so you can rest and recover? Wishing you an easy day.

That is such a long commute, I don't know how you manage. I had trouble with an hour each way drive and it's very draining even on a good day. Thankfully it's only 3 days a week, you'll need a lot of rest to recover from that. :console2:

Thanks , ladies. I have plastic diet coke bottles I filled with water and put in the freezer at both offices and at home before surgery that I could use. The contours make it fit around the hip and I always had a bunch of them. I have the weekend off and I am not going anywhere near the car tomorrow.

I had a nice day with my younger son yesterday. We drove to another mountain town for lunch and had a good time just talking. He'll be 23 in two weeks and actually still appreciates "mom support".

My hips feel mostly just tight. I have been really concentrating on stretching and moving them which seems to help. My right foot is bothering me the most now. I am going to see another ortho in the same group on the 15th to see what's going on. I am slowly working my way through all the health care appointments that I put off for surgery. Next up is the general physical in a month. I am going to wait until I hit the 6 month mark to go to the dentist and get the colonoscopy (woo hoo!). I need to sneak in a visit to the eye doctor also. Hopefully I can sneak in some fun stuff, too! I think it is just about warm enough to take the kayak out on the lake. I used to take my dachshund with me, with a little life jacket, and while he wasn't necessarily thrilled, he was content to sit in the boat with me. We'll see how the new dog likes it.

:kayak:My little dog lives to ride in the canoe with me and wait for me to pull up a fish he can kiss.:)
I do hope you get some answers about your foot...
Just a fair amount of sitting/laying would bring alot of tightness for me, especially when I got more mobile. Month four was my biggest turnaround.
Icing was still helpful:ice:

Hope today is a Good Day @KathyD :tada:

I had a nice day with my younger son yesterday. We drove to another mountain town for lunch and had a good time just talking.

Mom / son time is the best! Had some yesterday, myself. Me, my son and little grandson. Good times.

Happy Four Month Anniversary! You're doing great. Good luck with all your upcoming doctor appts. Sounds like you're knocking them down. I hope your Spring / Summer is sweet!
@KathyD

Thanks Layla. I can't believe it's been 4 months since surgery. I do feel like I am doing well in general. I have very little pain and my fatigue has definitely improved. I am still doing my exercises, although not as assiduously as at first, and I can walk a couple of miles, if the weather ever clears up!

Thanks for the update. It seems you're doing well.
Minimal pain and increased energy are good signs. You're on your way!
As you know from your first THR you have months of improvement still to come. :yes: :happydance:
I hope you have a great rest of the week. :)
@KathyD

I walked 2.5 miles this evening after doing a lot of shopping today and my hips are doing well. I have to concentrate on extending my stride because before the replacements it hurt to take a long step so I took little short ones. It feels good to stretch out out while I walk. I am doing a 5K for charity on Saturday, but it is not a race. I will update on how that goes.

I hope to do a charity walk next spring/summer Kathy. I always used to do the walk for breast cancer until I first got hurt. Good luck this weekend; I hope you get great weather! :walking:

Well, the 5K this morning went well - only a few twinges towards the end but no problems afterwards or when I got home, either. I am very happy about that. Now I'll have to find a few more to do this summer.

:hi:So glad those new hips have you back to the things that make you happy!
:running:

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: hippy pal.
Hope all is well with you and your holidays will be Merry and Bright.
:carols:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks