Patellectomy No Kneecaps and a TKR<

sistersinhim

Staff member since March 20, 2017
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
I'm setting this up while I have a mind. Tomorrow at 7:30am is my surgery. I'll post when I can. Thank you all for your prayers!

Hope all goes well.

Sent from my Harrier from EE using Tapatalk

I hope everything has gone well.
Here is your recovery reading list:
First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
-rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you. Exercise only gently
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lie down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Energy drain for TKRs

Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Activity progression for TKRs
Heel slides and how to do them

Extension: how to estimate it and ways to improve it

Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Best of Luck. We'll be watching to welcome you over I'm confident that your faith and positive attitude will get you over the humps!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

We're waiting to welcome you over here, whenever you are up to posting. I'm sure all went well. Rest up, stay on top of your dosing schedule and all will be fine.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and like everyone else, waiting to welcome you to Recovery!

Thank you so much everyone! I'm not expecting to get too much sleep tonight. I have to get up at 4am, if I do sleep. Have to be there at 6am and am an hour away.

out of surgery at 9:20. Had a liquid lunch. Had sedation, spinal block and knee block. I'm pumping those heels! So far, so good. Thank you everybody for your prayers. More later.

Okay!!! It's good to have you on the other side of surgery! REST! Your body's been through a war!

Welcome to the other side, hope your recovery continues well.
Love Tabby xxx

@sistersinhim Wow wow wow!! Sooooo good to hear from you so soon after. I am so happy you seem to be doing well for the most part. GOOD FOR YOU!

I hope we hear good news on this side from @Floridagal too

Keep up the awesome recovery.. cant wait to hear more good news from you.

out of surgery at 9:20. Had a liquid lunch. Had sedation, spinal block and knee block. I'm pumping those heels! So far, so good. Thank you everybody for your prayers. More later.

Did you not have general anesthesia? I am very interested in how you were able to do that, every OS I have spoken to tells me general. Seems great to just have sedation and nerve blocks.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom