Patellectomy No Kneecaps and a TKR<

I washed them well then put some Scar Shield and bandaids on them. I don't even feel them now. He didn't go real deep, just enough to cause a little blood. I feel certain I'll be fine.

I found a baby squirrel today. Whether it's mine or not, I have no idea. I imagine mama had more than one baby that blew out of the nest, so it might not be.

My right tibia is extra sore today. I've been during heavy housecleaning, so that's probably it. I was raised to do 'spring cleaning' of the whole house. I'm not as crazy about it as mama was and didn't do it last year, so now it's extra work. I was hoping My Brat would behave herself, but not so. Too bad, I have work to do!

I'd like to say "Happy Easter...He is risen!".

Reactions: DLR
I had a big booboo yesterday evening. Our church had bought a 6' round banquet table that ended up being too large, so I bought a 5' to replace it and took it over with my roommate. The 6' table needs to be sent back, so I had to bring it back to my house, its delivery sight. This table weights over 80 pounds and was back in its box. There were just us two women to take and man-handle this huge, heavy thing. We did OK until we had 3 cement steps to go up. I was on the back side and ended up with most of the weight of the table. Well, I fell right on the cement steps on my knees, shoulder, elbow and then my face.

I'm a mess this morning, everything hurts. Both knees are scraped and my new one is extra painful. There is also bruising, but no swelling. I pray it's just the soft tissue that's complaining. It does hurt to put my weight on it, so I'm limping. Of course, the rest of my body hurts, too, so I'm not moving much. It took about an hour before we got back to the house, and then I immediately iced. It would have been better if I'd been able to do that quicker.

We did get that 80+ pound 6' round table in the back of my 4' truck bed! That truck bed is high, but we got it in there. Now, to get it out of there. It hangs out of the side about 18" so I can't drive around much with that in there. I'll let you all know how my new knee does after this painful direct fall on it. This is the second time, but the first time on cement.

Oh dear! You must hurt today...we women can be stubborn and do things we later regret, sometimes it is necessary but still.... Praying you can rest today and that there is no permanent damage.

I’m so sorry you fell!!! :console2:Were you at church when you fell?

Next time call some nice strong young man to do something like this for you. You shouldn’t be man handling 80 pound large boxes :bignono:

Praying you can rest today and that there is no permanent damage.
Thank you so much. Once I get my normal work done, I'm elevating and resting. I'm too old to be falling, especially on cement.
Were you at church when you fell?
Yes, the table was downstairs in the fellowship hall. It has a concrete walkway with three steps up to the parking lot.

Next time call some nice strong young man to do something like this for you.
That's the problem. We have no young men in our church that were there. Our average age is probably 75. Marilyn and I are the youngest on staff and even most of the church itself. It's so sad. We are dying off.

I have been able to walk around better now, though I don't want anything to touch my knee. It is so tender! I'll watch out for swelling. If that starts, the ice will come out again. It'll be nap time after lunch!

Oh my goodness. I’m sorry that you fell. It’s what we are all so afraid of :scaredycat:glad that you’re moving better with less pain now.

How are you feeling today? :console2:

I'm still really sore but at least I can touch my knee now without it hurting too badly. I still don't see any swelling, so I'm sure it's just soft tissues that are angry. It does look like my elbow might be getting infected. I have put Scar Shield on it and covered with a large bandaid. Hopefully, it'll get better.

Sleeping is the worst thing. I have to keep moving but then that hurts, too. I'm just too old to be falling, especially on concrete! Thank you for asking!

Oh, that was painful to read! :shocked: Please take care of yourself.

z-bencaos1.gif

I agree with Jockette. Get a strong, young man to help. And make sure he's handsome!

Hope I made you smile. Feel better soon!:flwrysmile:

I'm afraid it has gotten to the point I have to make another knee appointment on my tkr leg. My tibial pain has gotten much worse and even woke me up a few times last night. Now, I'm having pains all the time. Even the Diclofenac isn't helping now.

This started a few days ago and is getting worse. @Josephine, do you think icing would help if a loose implant is the problem? Does it help you?

I've also noticed that I'm walking more on the inside of my foot now than flat on it. Whether this is because of the breaks I had or an implant problem, who knows. It's time to find out. Left knee needs attention, too, but the new one is worse, so that will get the attention now.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie