Patellectomy No Kneecaps and a TKR<

I'm afraid when I go for the second opinion the first thing he'll want to do is send me to PT. This country is so crazy over PT!
Neither of my second opinions mentioned PT.

I’m so sorry you are having more pain, both with the knee and the foot. :console2:

Thank you so much you wonderful 3 ladies. Knowing how much you care has really lifted me up. PT suggested icing before bed and then a pillow between my knees when sleeping on my sides. I'll try that and see if I can have a pain-free night!
@Jockette, I guess I'm just paranoid about PT since that is what my last visit prescribed. Why would you exercise an almost 3 year old knee replacement? Oh well, I'm trying. If I have a bad night from today's PT, I will just do ultrasound. After all, I'm the boss!

What a shame you didn’t get to see your OS himself. I think if it was me I’d try again and specifically say you want to see him. You liked him, didn’t you? Maybe give him a chance to look into it. He can’t help you if he doesn’t know the situation. Who knows what was written up about your recent office visit.

@Jockette, I'll pray about it. Josephine recommended going to a completely different OS since this one might need a revision. I'm mentally and emotionally dead right now and am in stall mode.

You've certainly lifted many up, too!

I've slept with a pillow between my knees for years. Helps my back, too. I still use a pillow under my knee when sleeping on my back.

I took a Diclofenac this morning and am starting to feel better. Maybe I can take one a few times a week to help keep the pain down.

Oh, here's a chuckle for us all. When I went into the room for the ultrasound yesterday, the 20 some year old therapist said that the ultrasound will help to break up my scar tissue. I politely told her that I didn't have scar tissue, I have inflammation! She said nothing. It's crazy how they immediately think of the big bad scar tissue. I had a good laugh about that when I left the facility yesterday.

the 20 some year old therapist said that the ultrasound will help to break up my scar tissue. I politely told her that I didn't have scar tissue, I have inflammation! She said nothing. It's crazy how they immediately think of the big bad scar tissue.
:doh::doh:

Preach it, sisters!
A PT instructor taught them it's true. It was on the exam. Now it's carved in stone. Go figure.

I'm glad you got some pain relief! :)

Being back on the Diclofenac has relieved my pain by about 50%. This time I made it about 10 days off of it. I'll try to go off of it again in about a week. It just gets to the point that I can't take it anymore and have to go back on them. That's why I am doing the ultrasound and just a few exercises. If that doesn't help, it's off to a 2nd opinion.

It looks like I'll have to have the bone on the top of my foot shaved down. It's starting to be painful and making it difficult to tie my sneakers. I pray that's all that needs done. I'll go to the OS who looked after my foot/ankle breaks. I don't trust the podiatrist. From what I've read while researching the cyst, he should have shot a steroid in there after draining it. He didn't do that. I wonder what my poor body will be like 10 years from now.

Isn’t it sad that we need to know how to tell a doctor to treat us these days.

But, we know our bodies better than anyone else. The problem is that those doctors just don't want to listen to us.

I know there is something wrong with my knee. If it's tendonitis, then let them heal and my pain goes away! That would be such a blessing! The way the pain moves around makes me think it's not just that. But, I'll see.

@Josephine, how long does it normally take for tendonitis to heal. It is now on both sides of my knee and around the tibia insert. My PT is for 4 weeks.

I don’t know exactly what I did to my arm/elbow back in December, but it’s better now. January 3 it was too painful to bowl. Yesterday I was able to bowl 2 games with only a little discomfort.

The injury happened on Dec 20. So, 10 weeks later it was better enough to bowl. All without PT, just careful ADL’s. :wowspring:

Oh, good, you're back bowling, Jockette! Great! How did you do? Is your knee any better today?

I'd been doing nothing but ADL for at least 6 months with no improvement. This is just a trial to see if I can get some relief. I have a friend who said her friend got good relief with ultrasound.

My first few throws were a bit wild as I was being really careful of my arm. But once my arm warmed up I was able to work around my bad throws and then to control the ball better. I bowled a 111 the first game and a 127 the second, both of which I was happy with before my injury, so really happy with first time back after the injury! I was really surprised to do that well.

My knee is not happy today. I moved a few little, and I mean little, pieces of furniture yesterday and I think that’s why it still hurts today. Whenever I pick up anything remotely heavy, I feel something in my knee. But my X-ray looks great, so there’s no problem. :doh:

@Josephine, how long does it normally take for tendonitis to heal.
Paula, have you never heard the saying "how long is a piece of string"? No-one can tell you categorically how long anything is going to take to heal. There are innumerable factors affecting it.

But my X-ray looks great, so there’s no problem. :doh:
Yes, I know what you mean. Isn't it wonderful to have two great looking knees! :gaah:

No-one can tell you categorically how long anything is going to take to heal. There are innumerable factors affecting it.
I was afraid you'd say that.:banghead: I was so hoping you'd have some sorta idea. I want to go to PT enough, but not too much. Here's that darn string again! :heehee:

I thought I'd give an update on my ultrasound for my tendonitis. It seems to be helping. After about 10 minutes of the treatment my knee really starts to hurt and I have to keep moving it around. But, after the treatment I feel better! I'm going off the Diclofenac to give it a real test. I'll update on this later. I'm still having pain in my upper tibia area, but not too bad unless I move it wrong.

That sounds a little better with the ultrasound working. :fingersx:
Be careful with the painful tibia area.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads