Patellectomy No Kneecaps and a TKR<

It's good to hear from you! It sounds as if you are in control.

On my second day post-op I developed a FAST & FURIOUS 'affair' with my pain meds- lol! Still hoping for more sleep for you (and us all)!!
:elevate: :chillpill: :sleeep: :sleep: :sleep:

Oh, I forgot 2 tell u guys that while doing my flex measurement with pt, she got ready 2 push my leg further &I strongly told her no. She said nobody had ever told her no before & I told her I was! She said she was going 2 tell that I refused passive therapy. I told her 2 go ahead! I passed the first test!

Yes you did past the first test Paula-!! And even though you may be feeling some discomfort this soon after your TKR- it's not what it would be had she manipulated your knee to get a false ROM!

My next test is coming up on the 14th of this month when I meet with my OS first time post-op. I've been rehearsing in my mind him coming toward me to push on my knee and how I'm politely going to say-
'GET BACK'-!!! LOL!!

Good For You-!!!

:cheers:

pt, she got ready 2 push my leg further &I strongly told her no. She said nobody had ever told her no before & I told her !

GOOD FOR YOU! I have a running argument with my husband about doctors in general. He ALWAYS believes drs know best and we should always do what they say. I believe differently, and that we get some input as it's OUR body.

Keep on doing what works best for you!

I know we are all different, but you & I are close in age, so I will be following your progress very closely as I inch ever closer to my big day in August.

Keep up the great healing

Oh, I forgot 2 tell u guys that while doing my flex measurement with pt, she got ready 2 push my leg further &I strongly told her no. She said nobody had ever told her no before & I told her I was! She said she was going 2 tell that I refused passive therapy. I told her 2 go ahead! I passed the first test!
I am so proud of you my friend! And BTW - how can forcing the knee be "passive"! What were you supposed to say when she said she would "tell"? Geez - these people need to get off the treadmill.

So glad you are doing well!

Thought the same thing, how can forcing the knee be passive?

My OS does not manipulate my leg, he has me show the range. On extension, he does hold it to see if the joint is reaching "lock" stage, but that does not involve forcing it further.

you did the right thing. I limped for days after a PT tried to get 0 extension out of my 12 degree post-op knee. Quit PT a week later. 9 months later, I have 145/0! Without pain.

Well done for refusing to let the PT push on your leg. :yes!:
I'm glad you weren't intimidated by the threat to "tell". I hat it when PTs threaten their patients. It;s unnecessary and unprofessional.
So what if she told, anyway? You can't be kept in after school, or made to write lines.
It's your knee and you have the right to decide what happens to it.

If they truly were just helping you move the leg and not pushing on it, that would be ok. But so often they're forcing things.

My coach was with me and after the pt incident was over with I asked her How can it be passive if she's pushing my leg?! Now, I have to be just as assertive with in home pt. There will be no out patient pt unless a problem arises.
I'm finally home. What a ride, it was over an hour and now I'm beat. Got my ice machine going and will soon nap!

I'm happy you are safely home. Those ice machines are the best( just my opinion). Mine can run nice and cold for 8 hours. Way to go with the PT! Just keep up the same thing with any PTs that you encounter during your recovery.

Got a question already. Were any of you very cold after this surgery? It's hot outside and I'm freezing. Could it be the icing?

That's normal. You're only a few days out and your body is still reacting to everything that you have been through in the last few days. I had my first surgery last July and would sit with ice on my knee and a blanket on top of me.

Yes!!
Definitely when using ice but generally as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom