THR Newstart70 from 3 pins to new hip

Oh my stars...I can guess that was frightening!:flabber:
I wonder if it dislocated or possibly you suffered a subluxation ?
It's another way of describing what people often call a partial dislocation. It means the ball started to come out of the socket but did not come fully out or dislocate.
I know you are taking it easy until Tuesday but I'm sure it shakes your confidence:unsure:
Wishing you a restful weekend...keep it on ice:ice:
Healing hugs:angel:

@Jaycey I knew it was out of place. My leg wasn't straight, and I started feeling shakey, and I felt the pop when it slipped back in place. Thank goodness I didn't fall all the way down. Initially when I righted myself, I sat back on the bed, and could tell something was wrong. Moving my body upward, is when it slipped back into the socket. I am icing right now, and will not be doing that again. I think that during a recovery like this, you start feeling a little smug, and then something happens that brings you back to reality. Slow and steady wins the race. No more one step forward, two steps back.

@Mojo333 oh maybe that is what it was....a subluxation. I haven't heard that term. That is probably what it was, because if it had been dislocated, it probably would not have gone back in place so easy. It sure does shake your confidence.
Onward and upward.

It seems like in the last week, my feelings are on the edge.

I am still pre-op and have these feelings daily. After many surgeries, I can assure you that a fragile heart is very normal. You might even find you are bursting into tears for no reason at all. I needed a cuddle with hubby and a few words of encouragement tonight myself.

You are doing very well - don't forget what early days you are still ! Sorry to hear about your near fall, I am sure that has shaken you up quite a bit. :cry:

That's not good! Too easy to slip and fall in the first weeks and easy to do damage. I cleared large paths through the house and always wore real footwear, no sandals or scuffs. So easy to twist wrong too. I'm still pretty wary about twisting on my op leg.

Oh my goodness! How scary that must have been to loose your balance like that. Make sure you keep using either the walker or the cane at least until you go to dr office so you have it to help with balance. I switched from walker to cane fairy quickly and was then told to use can until I could walk with good gait and no limp which I did. Once I found myself moving around my small kitchen and forgetting the cane at times, I knew I no longer needed it.

I’m sure if you take it easy with plenty of elevating, icing and relaxing, you will be fine. It will be reassuring to go to dr on Tues and have them tell you that you are doing well and everything is where it is supposed to be. In the meantime, NO MORE scares!!!

Onward and upward...:egypdance: for sure!
Just relax and heal.:console2:

That must have been scary!
I have read of subluxation here before. I recall a member (pkuznets) experienced it, if you want to pull up her thread and look for the account of her experience. Obviously there have been others but she's one I recall.
I hope your hip is feeling stable and you're having a nice weekend.
A great week to you!
@Newstart70

@Layla I searched subluxation on the site, and a few strings came up with the topic. I also found a post that @Josephine wrote on the topic, and her explanation that gradually over time the muscles and soft tissues around the joint will strenghthen, took the edge off my worry. I was worried about tissue damage.
I have been very careful over the last few days, and will see the orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday.
I have been resting, elevating and icing. I am not having much pain, just the odd uncomfortable feeling.
This forum has helped me so much. I appreciate all the regulars, who take the time to make others feel better and cared for.
I couldn't find anything under pkuznets though.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

We want you to be healthy and happy...and I am sending all the BEST mojo your way:ok:

That is probably what it was, because if it had been dislocated, it probably would not have gone back in place so easy.
If it HAD dislocated, you wouldn't be in any doubt! You would have been laying on the floor rigid and screaming for an ambulance! When hips dislocated, the victim can hardly even draw breath!

You're welcome!
Wishing you a good day. Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods :SUNsmile:
A great week to you!
@Newstart70

March 19 was 1st appointment with OS post surgery. He took the bandaid off, and he said the area looks great. I posted a picture of the scar in the hippie scars area. We talked about the possible subluxation incident, and he emphasized the need to be cateful, especially in the first three months after surgery, and to do everything in moderation.
I am pretty well pain free, but am down to 2 pain pills each day at the most.
I am still injecting the Dalteparin sodium injection every morning. The prescription will last for 27 days once I got home. They started it in the hospital on the day after surgery.
I am so grateful to have this forum for information and support. It has been a very important part of my recovery.
What is a good ointment/application for the incision scar?
Next appointment with my OS is in 4 weeks.

Hi @Newstart70
It sounds like you had a nice post op visit. Please do be careful especially since you're not in much pain. It's easier to overdo when you're feeling good. You're certainly progressing nicely. I agree that the forum
is great for information and support early into recovery.

I wouldn't put anything on the incision this early on. I'd wait until your next appointment in 4 weeks and ask your OS or PA what they advise at that time.

Happy first day of Spring!

@Layla thank you for the advice. I will leave the incision alone for now, and no matter how great I feel, I will not overdo.
Happy 1st day of spring to you to. Our temperature today is a nice warm 23 degrees C.( 73 F) The sky is blue, and Spring has marched right in.

I saw your hippy scar and I think the incision is healing beautifully!
In the past we had the policy of telling people not to use anything on their wound prior to it completely healing up. And even then we would tell them that massaging things into the wound in the hopes healing would progress better wasn't necessary.

However, that has changed since we became aware of hypochlorous solution (HOCL)....and specifically a hypochlorous product called ACTIVE Scar Shield. I encourage you to click on the link in the blue NavBar and read our newest educational section on Wound Care. In it you will see references to using HypoChlorous Solution as soon as possible on any wound as it is a strong antibacterial solution. In addition, the sooner a person is able to use it, the sooner the product can start working to improve the appearance of a scar.

We have also created a Hypochlorous Fast Facts sheet that is available via either of these links on the website:

https://bonesmart.org/hypochlorous-hocl-solution/?source=woundcareathome

Hypochlorous Fast Facts

ACTIVE Scar Shield is available only through BoneSmart via these links:

https://shop.bldgactive.com/products/ssg/?source=bonesmarthocl

Purchase ACTIVE Scar Shield

You can go to the Wound Care tab to read about how wounds heal, the Hypochlorous Fast Facts page to learn more about a product you can actually use from Day 1 to promote better healing and the link to purchase ACTIVE Scar Shield.

If you have concerns, print out the Fast Facts sheet and discuss it your doctor (who may very well have no clue about hypochlorous solution!).
I didn't use it on my incisions as it wasn't available, but if the decide to try it, do let us know what your experience is.

@Mojo333 thank you for the link to the hypochlorous solution. It is only available in the US, so before I order, I will need to find someone to pu for me. Bellingham Wa is just south of us, but until I am past the preexisting condition, I take a risk travelling to the US. My sister could drive me, but if something happened while I was there, insurance wouldn't cover me. That is not a risk I want to take. I jave a post office box in Bellingham whenever I purchase something thaey don't ship to Canada. I checked their website, and they don't ship to Canada. Sounds like a great product. My sister told me she could drive to pu, so that is an option.
Thank you for the recommendation.

As I said...I didn't get to use it and this is the only product I might have considered.
At almost three months out I used some Vitamin E and later went to my go-to hydrator....coconut oil when damp just out of shower. Scar fades very nicely on its own and I've given up my aspirations of being a bikini model so...:curtsey:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
LeonGirl
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom