ConforMIS
Lounge Doctor

TKR Newbie60's Pre-Op thread

Newbie60

Country
United States United States
Hello everyone! Glad to be part of this forum.
I will be doing tkr 10/28/20. Looking at what all I need prior to the surgery. Some days I'm pretty excited to get this over with and others I'm very nervous to even do it and wondering if I should wait try to loose a few more pounds etc.
Then I just do simple things like walk in grocery store or watch my grandson baseball game and my knee is back to being in unmanageable pain with really little movement. So I know its time. Any advise is certainly welcome.
Thanks Carie

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hello @Newbie60 - and :welome:

I have copied your post from the October Feisties team surgery thread, which is essentially just a list, where you can see who is having surgery about the same time as you are. We don't have chatting on that thread, because it would get full so quickly. Instead, we prefer the chatter and questions to be kept in your own thread, so I've used your post to start a pre-op thread for you.

Here is some pre-op reading, to help you prepare for surgery:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced knee, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing knee recoveries

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Sounds like your knee is ready. Best wishes!

OP
OP
Newbie60

Newbie60

Country
Thanks I'll try to sign in as soon as I can and give an update on my progress. I was able to loose almost 10lbs and have done pt exercises on most days and also gone to gym and done stationary bike when I could too. I'm still waiting on the hospital surgery nurse to call and send me to for covid testing and go over the procedure. Seems strange to me that we are 1 week away and that hasn't been done but maybe tomorrow they will call. Waiting to talk to PT person before buying some things to help me like something made for elevating you knee for instance or will the crutches I have be okay do I need a walker. Other than that I think Im ready.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I would call that surgery nurse and confirm when you need that test. You would not want to get too close to the date any have to postpone because you weren't tested.

Your surgeon's office might be able to confirm what items you might need in recovery.

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Wishing you a successful surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. I hope we see you on the shiny (recovery) side when you are up to posting.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
pattymac49
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom