Revision THR Newbie tkr recovery thread<

So glad you got good report at appointment...today...
Lots of :ice: and :sleep:napping.
Healing takes alot of energy.

Hope today is a Good Day.:SUNsmile:

Are you doing ok today? Hope you are getting plenty of rest and using ice for all the aches and pains. Keep us posted when you can! :ice:

Very rough day today up until early evening when I FINALLY felt like I was starting to get some relief.
Today, once I felt a little better, did my usual daily small tasks that are done everyday...feed the brats, oh ****! I meant the cats
Love them dearly....empty litter box, make coffee, etc.
Will probably do nothing tomorrow b/c still feeling the effects of yesterday's drive. It's all good...
Hey, Mojo, SE Florida, Kayla, please please tell me what's going on with your recovery...this thread has been all about me- I'd love to know how you guys are doing, puh-lease??

this thread has been all about me- I'd love to know how you guys are doing, puh-lease??
This thread IS all about you, silly!:heehee:

I am back to my life at almost two years post op and I would say I have forgotten I have prosthetic hips...except I am still in awe at how pain is not present every minute of the day, and how well my hips feel and work!:chuckmarch:
Yay for my BTHR

@Newbie tkr Did you know you can go to Hip Recovery Forums and see everyone else's threads? From what you said above, I wonder if you are just coming in via email alerts and not seeing the whole site. Snoop around a bit, it's quite entertaining and passes the time.

I hope you're feeling better and well rested today!
Thanks for asking about our recoveries. I'm 22 months post op so I have no complaints.
It's the newbies I'm concerned about :wink: There is a good group here now, all watching out for one another.
Lots of commmaraderie. It sure helps make recovery easier to have others to communicate with who can relate through experience.
A great day and weekend to you! :flwrysmile:
@Newbie tkr

I hope you're having a restful day and finishing off your fudge bars! I'm at 7 weeks post-op and love getting on here to see how everyone else is doing. It really does help to get through the day when you have other hipsters going through the same journey. I hope things continue going well for you!

I think that's an excellent idea. Two week anniversary today. Discovered the stitches dissolved and didn't need removing. first physio since I came home.. I reckon they are all points to celebrate :martini:

I think it's OK....bringing some fun over to @Newbie tkr and keeping it all in context.
There are real struggles in recovery...but it IS a way to get back to our lives.
Leaving my favorite recovery chart for all to remember

Attachments

• rps20171117_054543.jpg
    rps20171117_054543.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 312
@newbie_tkr Good morning, you've been MIA since the night after your long trip to your OS. Hope you are enjoying your day and have a good weekend!

I agree, @Newbie tkr
I hope you've recovered from your outing.
Best wishes for a nice weekend and a happy Easter!

SE Florida, Mojo, Layla, Carriemay60 and Fairydell:
...2:30am, Saturday morning- awoke to breakout pain. So, got up, took some pain meds along with some PM ACETAMETIPH AND a strong cup of coffee...Sooo tired of waking up to pain. Guys, I CAN'T DO THIS again. No more surgeries! It's too hard and I am so weary. WAY TOO MUCH junk food, no exercise whatsoever except when I'm on the toilet w/constipation, lol...Entering my 4th week post-op.
Well, it's almost 3:30 now and will stay up and watch the sun rise here in my beautiful city, Charleston, SC.
OF COURSE, upon awakening just now I thought of you guys first- my traveling companions along this road to recovery AND. lest we forget, resurrection!
Mojo333, I saw your little recovery chart- first time I laughed in 24 hours. The gift you gave to me...laughter! Some things you just can't put a price on, no? Laughter and I love your comment re: 2 yrs. post op and amazed at how you don't wake up in pain anymore...ok, hold on...need more coffee.

Fairydell: congrats on you two week post-op landmark! Time flies when you're sleeping, eating, icing and just basically recovering. I love know I have NO committments for the next two weeks.

SE Florida: yeah, MIA after road trip. It's a great "place" to be when you're hurting too much and don't want to speak w/anyone

Layla: your continuing feedback on my recovery makes me feel like I've just gotten a FREE "get out of jail card"...

You all reached out to me- 'lil old ME.

SUN coming up now. Have I told you that I'll never forget you? I won't,

xoxo, Di

I do hope you have a good weekend @Newbie tkr :SUNsmile:
Get some fresh air and sunshine, so good for our spirits.
Please would you let me know when you're left hip was first replaced?
I can't remember if you said...and what led to your revision.
Just keep all slow and mindful and I'm hoping your summer will be golden!

I hope you turn a corner soon and start reaping the benefits of this surgery. Is there any affordable meal delivery in your area? Some have proper homecooked meals that come frozen and heat up like they are fresh. The meals I helped my girlfriend set up were enough for 2 meals or at least one dinner and one lunch. Also grocery delivery? If you could order some groceries that are easy prep but healthy, it might help a lot. Do try to get a few minutes of fresh air every day even if it's just by an open window.
We lived in Greensboro, NC for a year - it's so pretty down there!

What a beautiful place to live! I’m sure spring is lovely there. Here in Michigan last week, we had 70 degrees one day and snow the next. This week is rain rain rain. Mother Nature is keeping us on our toes!

Meal delivery is a great idea. There are several national companies that deliver fresh (not frozen) meals, like Freshly. Also look for some local small businesses- we have used that a lot in the past year, in an attempt to get fresh healthy dinners.

I think most cities not have Ship’t and other businesses that deliver groceries. Some chains do as well. Very convenient for those that can’t get out.

Keep your chin up!!! This great community has got your back (and hip)! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Nice to see you but sorry to hear about the pain. If you have any outdoor space, it would be great to sit in the sunshine for awhile. It will at least lift your spirits and maybe take your mind off of the hip temporarily. Hope you have a better day and a Happy Easter! @Newbie tkr

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks