I was planning on knee replacement surgery with my orthopedic surgeon in August. I have bilateral osteoarthritis with left leg pretty much bone on bone and the right one quickly approaching that stage. I had surgery on the right knee in August for a torn meniscus and was waiting for that to heal before the left's surgery to replace. Well September 11th I had a cerebral veinous thrombosis (stroke) I have recovered from that but they have placed me on Warfarin for approx 6 months. I was told that I cannot have the surgery until I am off of blood thinners. My pain is a constant 7-8. I cannot take aspirin or Advil. Tylenol does nothing. I am considering going off the blood thinner to get this done. Has anyone else faced this?