New Surgery Date

Tricialen

Country
United States United States
I have a new surgery date after two cancellations but I haven't spoken with my insurance liaison yet so I am not counting on this date quite yet. Insurance can be very confusing...who is in network, who isn't.

Anyway my new date is Friday March 1st. And I am still very emotional about the surgery and about whether or not this date will be cancelled too. My spinal stenosis has caused a lot of pain and weakness in my right leg, getting the TKR on the left knee, so I let the surgeon's office know about it. It's a concern for physical therapy. I have rested for the last two days and resisted doing my usual housework and chores. So maybe it will be okay.

I am happy that I found this forum so I can vent and find information and new friends. Thank all for your kind words and advice. And I guess I will see if this surgery happens.

Hugs (because there is nothing I can do to help but I do understand).
I guess my best advice is to rest and look after yourself. Whatever seems a luxury or something you would love (and obviously within your means) consider doing it! Life is so short that we sometimes to let future plans get in the way of looking after ourselves for today. I'm going to take my own advice!!

I've changed the surgery date in your signature.
Please let us know if the date changes again - I hope that it won't have to be. :friends:

@Tricialen, I have moved rosieNZ's post in response to Celle's post to you into her thread and have deleted your response to it since it would no longer make sense.

It seems that every thing is in order and my surgery will happen on Friday March 1st. I am terrified. Everyone says it's no big deal....well it's a big deal to me! You know the cutting your leg opened, cutting your leg bones, removing bad knee and all the bad stuff the inserting artificial parts inside my body. It is a very big deal. And I don't care how many times it's done...it's never been done to me! Logically I know I will be fine and recover fine...but emotionally I am a wreck. So I am going to start doing bio feed back to relax and try to feel better. I know that every one here understands how I feel. It's good to have a place like this to help.

@Tricialen so glad you got your new date. I understand you being nervous and scared. I also have never had a surgery like this. You will do great. Keep you in my thoughts and prayers

julie1968 Have you had the surgery? I have 16 days till then so I am stopping looking at after pictures and reading about it for these two weeks...I just want to relax and try to de-stress. You are in my thoughts as well.

@Tricialen my surgery is March 7th. It is stressful. I'm thinking of you and hope your able to relax some.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back