THR New Right Hip for Christmas

DinVegas

Country
United States United States
I'm down to 26 days until my RTHR and I'm pretty excited. I had a hip injection at the beginning of October and scheduled my hip surgery at the same time. The injection kept be sort of comfortable on a vacation but it's since worn off and I am constantly aware of my hurting hip. Sleeping is becoming difficult to find a position that doesn't hurt.

I am so pleased with my LTKR that I have little anxiety for this surgery. That may change as it gets closer. My big concern is prepping for Christmas. This weekend I plan to start double batching my cooking so that I can store some meals up. I may make up some cookie dough to be frozen for baking closer to Christmas. Thankfully my daughter will be spending a bit over a week with us at Christmas and she'll be a big help for my husband.

Last edited:
Welcome. You have found the right place for getting informed and getting lots of hugs and support.

Can I clarify that it's your right HIP that's coming up for surgery in 26 days? (You wrote RTKR ... I imagine you meant Right THR.)

Great to hear that you have little anxiety because the left knee surgery went so well. Yeah, sleeping seems to get rough before the surgery. Sounds like you are gearing up to be ready.

Yes it's my right hip - I fixed it in my post.

Welcome back! Sorry you're back so soon but happy to hear you're happy with the left hip. We were originally supposed to be a day apart but my surgeon had an accident on the way to surgery so I was postponed two weeks.

We'll be here with you through the journey again, as always, lots of good folks here.

:wave: and welcome back.
Double hippy for the bright new year!:yes!:

I'm one week out from my surgery and pretty excited to be done with this pain. I have stocked my freezer with casseroles and soup dinners. My downstairs guest room is set up for my first few nights at home. I have some projects that I can do while recovering set up. My pre-op appointment is Thursday afternoon and I'll preregister at the hospital on Friday. I have our pet sitter ready to help out next Tuesday, depending on when my surgery is so she can feed our animals since the hospital is across town.

Any hesitation I may have had regarding this surgery is completely gone since my steroid shot I received at the beginning of October is totally worn off. My poor right hip is creaking and snapping when I move and I need to sleep with a heating pad to get some relief.

I'm hoping for an early time for my surgery. Last time I reported to the hospital at 1 pm and my morning was spent pacing back and forth.

You sound well prepared! I agree, it is nice to have an early surgery, but a later surgery may mean you can wake up at a normal time, or sleep a bit longer.
Good luck with your pre-op appts.:fingersx:

There is something about that awful pain and lack of sleep that really makes one just yearn for the surgery. I could not wait for mine. Recovery is so much more positive than the waiting. You have a week and it seems like you have everything ready to go. Best wishes for the surgery and a smooth recovery.

You are almost there @DinVegas You sound very prepared. I hope you get the surgery time you are hoping for. We will be sharing recovery days together and I look forward to getting to know you on the other side. Best wishes on Tuesday. We will all be here to cheer you on. Take care.

@DinVegas Nearly there - soon you will join us in the double hippie club. All the best Tuesday! See you on the other side soon!

Hi @DinVegas ! You are getting soooo close!! I am excited for you. The Double hippie club is a special club. ok, only in our double hippie minds, but hey I'm proud of mine. plus they don't keep me awake at night!

Wishing you the very best on Tuesday, I hope the next two days pass easily and peacefully for you. :chuckmarch:

Best wishes for the surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery.

Hello there :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Hopefully you're resting comfortably by now, with surgery behind you and your pain is well managed. Will look forward to following your journey on the Recovery side soon. Wishing you comfort as you begin healing.
@DinVegas

Hello @DinVegas :wave:
We'll look forward to that update. Hoping all is well and you're resting comfortably.

Hope to hear from you soon. :)

Wishing you all the best in 2020. Happy New Year! :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom