New Member Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportHog

senior
Country
Canada Canada
Hi folks, I am a new member to this forum ( 66 year old male). I had an RTKR done on Dec. 12, 2007 (just over 3 months) and am progressing well. Still some stiffness and ROM is approaching 120 degrees. I will be having my LTKR on April 14 and am looking forward to it very much. Looking forward to participating in this forum.
Cheers, Ross

Hey there, Ross. And welcome to BoneSmart.

Glad to hear your first knee is doing so well. That is good news.

Feel free to chime in some of the established threads and offer input whether serious or silly. There's plenty of both to go round!!

Welcome Sporthog!! Come on over to the "After" forum....You'll learn a little bit about EVERYTHING!!

Welcome Ross! When Patti says you'll learn a little about everything, she means EVERYTHING!

Sounds like you are doing great! I had my first knee replacement Oct 1 and hope to schedule the next when I see my doctor in a couple of weeks. The sooner the better. Karen

Newbe here! Hi folks, I am a 55 year old "chubby" lady and will be having total knee replacement in a few weeks. Today I had some skin patch tests done because of my allergy to metals. I am a little worried. The patches will be on for 48 hours and my back is itching like mad. Does anyone else have metal allergies? Libby

Welcome Ross and Libby--- This forum has been a lifesaver for many of us as we have recovered from our knee replacements. Hope you find it helpful as well!

Welcome to both you guys! There are some real dedicated "crazies" in the group guaranteed to keep you laughing through the pain of recovery. Hope to hear more from you guys in the coming weeks!

Hi Libby. Look into journey knees by smith & nephew. That is what I have. They have some advantages when it comes to metal allergies I think. I don't have metal allergies but I do remember reading that in their info. Keep us posted as to what happens with your TKR.

Welcome Ross and Libby. Glad to have you aboard. Sounds like you did really well Ross. Hope the other goes as well.

Hope your allergy test turns out OK for you to have a knee replacement Libby. Let us know. Sue

Welcome Libby And Ross, You Certainly Came To The Right Place For Motivation And Help And When Needed A Bit Of Good Cheer. Great Bunch Of Folks, I Am Sure You Will Be Glad That You Found This Forum. Rowdy

Welcome to you as well Ross, Post, read, learn and laugh.

Hi to everyone....I am new too. I am scheduled for a bilateral TKR on April 21st. I am kind of scared about how bad it will be to get around afterwards. The HMO I go to only has you stay in the hospital for 4 days after the surgery, so I will be home with home care afterwards. Anyone else had an experience like this?

Welcome Susan,
Jen is our current resident bi-lat hero! She has done so well and could well advise you about the ins and outs of having both done at once. If you click on her name (JenniferG)on one of her posts you can send her a private message and ask away! She is a terrific, caring person who could answer many questions for you, I am sure.
There is a lot to be found on this forum--- information, empathy, humor, craziness, and a lot of all-around good human beings who truly care about each other even tho we have never met in person. You can search for specific topics or just browse. Join us. KRs are life-changing and everyone on here knows first-hand what the experience is like.
Best of luck to you.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages. It's great to have all of your post-op experience available. See you after!!!
Cheers, Ross

For the record, Beach ain't so bad herself. Everyone here has gone through some personal battle around thier knees that makes them strong and admirable. And half of what I know about the other side of knee replacement I've learned here from these folks. That said, Hi Susan58, welcome to the club. What I kept telling myself about after was that it can't be any worse than it is now and either way it gets better. Bad knees before the surgery only get worse. I went straight home also after 4-5 days in the hospital. Just get home set up as much as possible. I had a recliner down stairs so I didn't have to go up & down, I had family around to help and friends made us meals so my husband could still come home to dinner made and have attention to spare for me. Incorporate all the help you can. Let me know what else you wonder about. If I don't know someone surely does and Josephine is a wealth of info and more medically official. Best and let us know how things are. jen

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_2zzmbk6.jpg
everybody!

Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. My allergy tests show I do have several metal allergies but the Doctor thinks Titanium (not sure of the spelling) will work fine. Now all I have to do is wait and see when they will be doing the surgery. I've got to get back to work. Thanks again for the welcome. You will be hearing from me soon. Libby

Hi Libby. Titanium is good and strong like bull. They say you'll break your leg before you break the new knee. pleasant thought huh?

Thanks too for the warm welcome! It does make me feel better to know there are others who have also gone through this experience! Right now my surgery is in a week and I feel like I am in line to go on a scary rollercoaster ride and I want to get out of the line, but I can't.....I'm sure you understand! Thanks for reminding me that it really should be up hill from here because I am hardly able to walk now, so I have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft