New left THR March 15th!

@zbest85 you might also consider splurging on a recliner if you don't already own one. Lots of people on this forum found them to be quite helpful. I went out and got one a few weeks ago. You just have to be sure not to get the ones that require you to push down on the bottom to sit up straight. It's best to get one with a hand held remote. I double splurged and got one that also happens to be a lift chair. I figured while I was getting one it may come in handy. There's information on recliners in the library here.

@AJinNH, I've considered the recliner but I'm running out of time, I'm trying to get as much as I can done on a home remodel project before Thursday, getting off my meds prior to surgery isn't helping, I had no clue how much they were masking the pain!
There won't be much hip left for the doctor to remove!

@zbest85 I got my recliner at Jordan’s furniture and if you get one that’s in stock they deliver within a couple of days, and their warehouse is in Avon, so you’re close by.
I hope you’re able to get everything done by your surgery, good luck.

@AJinNH, can you tell me which model recliner you bought?

I sheet rocked some of my project today, hung 3 doors, installed blinds over the 12' slider in my temporary bedroom/dining room
I used my snow blower to cut a path to move my daughters stored car from the side of my house to the driveway so that the landscaper will have access to my backyard to clean up the 102,687,413.5 sticks that have jumped off the trees since the last time I cleaned it in January!
Changed house water filters and air filters, ran a cable line to the dining room.

All that's left is to remove the tub doors and hang a curtain, relocate the dining room table, set up a bed and collapse into it.

Hi @zbest85 I splurged quite a bit, but they do have less pricey ones. I do like the one I got a lot. It’s the Stellar Ultracomfort lift recliner.

Sounds like you’re keeping busy and getting a lot done. It’s a great distraction too! I hope your pain is tolerable until your surgery. Good luck!

Sitting home today watching the Blizzard, 24+ inches predicted, time to surgery ticking by...

@zbest85 Only a couple days to go for you!
Sounds like you have been busy busy prepping your house to make post op go smooth.
I'm south of you so we dodged the snow only a couple inches but still windy.
Does this mean you have time for one more snowblower run before surgery.
Guess so if you have to get out of the driveway!
Best wishes to you!

Heading to bed, next stop, new hip!
See you in recovery.

@zbest85 :hi:
Sending you healing hugs in advance.
Yay for new hip and for getting better.
See you on the healing side!:)

All the best today! See you on the other side soon!

Good luck today, sending you healing thoughts and positive energy.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom