THR New Left Hip

nancyjo

Country
United States United States
I am officially going to be a double hippie on Wed. I had my right one done 7 weeks ago and walking with a cane. Hope this goes easily. Does anyone recommend going to rehab after 2 close together? I have a lot of stairs. I also had a complete rupture if my gluteal tendon that was repaired. Wish me luck!

@nancyjo Wow - you are a real veteran to this joint replacement surgery. I'm sure it will be a relief when that left hip is done.

Will you have any help when you are first home? You will be able to manage the stairs on your own before leaving the hospital. But if someone is on hand the first few days it might be easier.

How is your right hip feeling?

If you have help at home, I wouldn't recommend going to rehab.

The problem is that some rehab places are more like nursing homes than rehab for people with joint replacements. You'd need a place with staff who know about the correct rehab for your replacement.
If you do decide to go to rehab, check it out first.

Mine are not that close together and my knees were not either but I have a basic belief - "There is no place like home". Best wishes for a smooth surgery and I look to your recovery thread. I will be joining you on the 13th when my Rt. hip is replaced.

Hello @nancyjo :wave:
Wishing you all the best tomorrow. You're a brave one going back so soon, but why not get it taken care of so you can move forward enjoying life without pain! I will look forward to following your recovery on the bright side.
Wishing you peace and comfort as you await tomorrow. :)

Healing vibes coming your way @nancyjo :loveshwr:

Happy One Month Anniversary!
We'd love to read an update from you and hear how each of your two recent THR's are progressing. Please consider leaving one next time you're on the forum. It's inspirational to those following behind you and we'd love to share in the happiness of each milestone you're hitting. If we don't hear from you I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
@nancyjo

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks