New Knees Doing Great

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJW

I have had my 2 new knees now for 16 weeks. Life has settled back into the usual routine at my house. Working my part time job 2-3 days a week. All my co-workers comment on how well I'm walking. Even doing stairs again! My legs were swelling some by mid day but I began wearing some light compression socks and the swelling stopped. Alittle stiffness in the morning when I first get up but it's gone quickly. My surgeon checked me out last week and told me to come back in June '09.

My greatest "find" is my new Wii Fit. I do about 30 minutes a day on it. The balance games keep me working the quads. I do about 20 minutes of various step aerobics and my legs really feel it when I'm done. The machine did inform me that I am unbalanced. After years of my right knee being so bad, I guess I got used to carrying more weight on the left. I'm now making an effort to pay more attention to how I stand. I'm having a blast with my Fit and keep trying new games and exercises.

Tuesday will be the big day for me. After several years of not being able to attend because of my bad knees, my husband and I will be attending the "Great State Fair of Texas". It takes hours and hours of walking in order to see it all and that is precisely what I plan to do!

This forum has been so helpful in my recovery. Although I haven't posted much, I've visited on a daily basis. It is comforting to know that others experienced many of the same things I did. I feel like I am a member of one big family! A BIG thanks to everyone.

Nancy

Go girl, go! .......................................

That is SO great! I want ther Wii Fit, but I haven't gotten it. Is it really cool?
That is so wonderful that you are finally going to a state fair and doing so much walking. Please don't over-do, but have a GREAT time!
Hess

Nancy
Have a great time at the fair - I mossed ours this year but my kiddo managed to bring me home some "funnel cake!". I am looking forward to Next August when we can tromp through the fairgrounds together! Enjoy yourself and remember to have that ice ready for when you get home - just in case you need it! (usuallyu if its ready - you won't need it :) )
Have a blast!

Marianne

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks