MUA New Knee #2 Recovery<

Good luck tomorrow. I'm sorry you have to do this. Hoping it gives you better ROM. Keep us posted!

Hospital called..have to be there at 5:30 am...that's earlier than both my tkr's lol. OS ordered a nerve block according to surgery scheduler. Hmmmm

Already home from the MUA. Have a nerve block I get to wear around my neck 3 days lol. Beautiful fashion accessory let me tell you. OS got it to bend to 130 and go completely straight. Even with the block I'm in quite a bit of pain. Also gave me a steroid shot as well. Guess time will tell. Was told to elevate and ice so that's the plan.

Last edited:
Welcome home! Get that ice and elevation going. Hope the pain eases quickly.

@Jaycey Except for limited ADLs, that's all I'm doing per OS. I was afraid he was going to tell me to go straight to PT after the MUA this morning but nope. Sent me home with the nerve block (sleeping is going to be interesting) and 2 gentle stretching exercises. Works for me!

@Josephine I would like your opinion on this MUA. Since he got it straight and the 130 bend, do you feel I did have adhesions? OS still says I did. He's also stopped any PT until my appointment with him next Friday, only ADLs and limited at that.

Gave me 2 stretching exercises, the one where I rest my heel on a rolled up towel or blanket and just let it hang out there twice for 2 minutes and a hamstring stretch (in a sitting position on the bed just put leg out front and do a gentle stretch) hold for 30 seconds x2.

He said he wants me do some heel slides too. Just whenever I'm sitting on the bed etc but only like 5-10 and going slowly and only a couple times a day.

I'm just curious what you think. I read all the advice you give others and its always bang on!

TIA!!

Since he got it straight and the 130 bend, do you feel I did have adhesions?
Well you said it was 75 before so I guess it was me that was wrong! Did you have much pain immediately after?
He's also stopped any PT until my appointment with him next Friday, only ADLs and limited at that.
Well that's good to hear!
Gave me 2 stretching exercises, the one where I rest my heel on a rolled up towel or blanket and just let it hang out there twice for 2 minutes
Never did like that one and I don't think it achieves much except pain!
He said he wants me do some heel slides too
Well okay but read this before you start Heel slides and how to do them properly

Yes I did have pain. Quite a bit actually. He also ordered a nerve block in for me to take home. It ran out this morning. I tell you what, my calf is absolutely killing me right now. Feels like one of those leg cramps you get in the middle of the night but its constant. Knee is painful now but not much more than it was before.

Ok I'm stopping the towel propping one because it does hurt!

I'm doing the heel slides according to the BoneSmart way. He just wants me to keep it bending I guess is why he suggested them.

I thought for sure he was wrong lol since I had achieved 110 at one point but it was short lived. Oh well it's done! I really appreciate your help Josephine!

Saw OS yesterday for MUA follow up. Happy to report I measured 120/0 so he is very pleased. Said I had quite a few adhesions. He put me back on gabapentin for 30 days to help with nerve pain. Starting on Tylenol with codeine in place of Percoset as needed. I cant do Tramadol. Left happy and thought ok I've turned the corner.

Went to grocery store and a quick Walmart trip afterwards then home. I was in the kitchen putting things away and there was a loud pop on the left side of the knee. My daughter was sitting at the breakfast table and heard it. It was uncomfortable but I didn't think too much about it. Well as the day and night wore on it got more uncomfortable and started to hurt. Kept icing and elevated but didn't seem to help. Took my pain meds and went to bed.

Well this morning I can hardly stand to walk on it. Pain shoots up to a 7-8 but as soon as I get off it, it feels pretty good. I can bend it sitting down and is still straight but when standing I can barely get it to bend to walk normally. What have I done know I wonder.

I'm so over this right knee recovery. I know it's going to take awhile but at 9 weeks post op I was so much further along with the left one. I just can't figure out what this is. OS wont be back in office until Wednesday. Guess I'll go back on the cane ugg.

Ok rant over. I'm just over it.

I’m sure it is! I understand mental battles, I’m having one myself today. I hurt my knee on Thursday and it just feels awful.

@Jockette Oh No! I'm so sorry to hear that. You've been through enough already!! :console2:
I hope it starts feeling better!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties