• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

Bilateral THR New hips on November 26

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
A belated Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well and had a lovely Christmas. We'd love to hear about your progress.
All the best to you in the New Year!
@BigDogMom

OP
OP
BigDogMom

BigDogMom

Country
Hi everyone. It has been a month. Some weird things are going on. First I think that I am do too much, and then I ache that evening a the next day. I have to remind myself to go easy. Then my right wrist was sore, I think that I was putting a lot of weigh and stress on it. I now am more aware of what and how I am getting up from chairs. I think that my confidence is not high when I first start to move because I put too much thought into what if.... The biggest issue is nerve issues in my left foot. The surgeon is aware but boy it is more painful than either one of my hips. I have been using a cane occasionally since two weeks out, but find I am using it a little more now, see doing too much. I do find that I tire very easily and I am getting so much better at paying attention to that. I think that the pain or more discomfort is from my THR is really my muscles. Still healing and I will update

Eman85

post-grad
Country
If you're aching it's a sign you did too much. Are you icing at the end of the day? I'm sitting on my ice pad as I type this. If I'm sitting I'm icing after activity. Your muscles still have a lot of healing to do, it will be quite a while before they stop hurting from normal activities.

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Totally agree with @Eman85, ice, ice and more ice! :ice:
Also, are you elevating, that along with icing can really make a world of difference. If you're having never issues you may want to bring it to the attention of your primary doctor and see if they have any suggestions. Unfortunately our OSs seem to be more concerned with the bone and implant and not so much the muscles, tendons, etc.

Also, if you feel like you're doing too much, which pain after is probably a sign off, take a day or two off. Only walk when you need to go to the bathroom, get a snack out of the kitchen, etc. Plus, if you're doing any type of PT I would stop that as well. Your body needs to heal and you have to give it time. One of the hardest muscles you're going to have to learn to use is the patience muscle. :snork:
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ddavid43
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom