new hip

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

HOW can u tell if the hip going to last if only after 6 months i have clunks squeaky but i am scared to back to the doc i doint know why im because i have to do the other one . i have watched the video on line but were i live no one that i know has these problems . i read your threads and it helps me understand alittle .is there other things i should xpect ,but u know the pain is alot less :sct:im happy that i did do the op because i do more now than before.

If you watched the video, you'll know it's not an uncommon thing but the statistics are such that it's highly unlikely you'd ever meet anyone in the same boat. Even surgeons don't see that many but it does happen. And it has little or no significance over all, especially not on the wear of the prosthesis. Generally, the evidence is that they can last around 20 or even 30 years, all being well. But no-one can say for sure on each individual hip.

Steven,
I'm glad you are happy with your new hip. What type do you have? I know some types tend to squeak more than others. Ceramic on ceramic for instance.
The most important thing is the pain relief in my mind. Glad you have achieved that. You still have more time for healing as well and getting the hip muslcels stronger. I found the clunking feeling (I have no sound) goes away when the muscles are stronger.
judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back