I'm also off the strong painkillers and am experimenting by starting the day on a couple of paracetamol and an Ibroprofen in the morning then seeing how I fare. It's early days with this and it remains to be seen how this works out when combined with increased walking. I've driven just once (last Thursday) but in my Hubby's car which is automatic and, as my most recently operated hip is the left one, this meant no clutch movement, so not exactly a test. But I do agree it's good to get our wings back again. Hubby has checked over my car today as it has sat idle for over 6 weeks so I'll need to have a trial in that before I embark on anything solo and more ambitious. I feel pretty confident walking out now. We were both struck down with flu over Christmas so while others were queuing waiting for the Pub to open we walked to the pharmacy to pick up medical supplies. I limp after being sat for a while. One of my Christmas presents is a rather clever sport watch which is currently charging up but will prompt me if I sit for too long. That is one of my failings as I tend to get engrossed in work or other things and not get up and move regularly enough. So glad you sound to be over your tricky swollen legs and things are improving.