THR New hip, new beginning.

Minnie15

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Following on from my pre op thread..

So after three years diagnosed with OA, 3 cortisone injections, numerous physio appointnents, 6 month hospital waiting list, 4 date postponements, fluctuating levels of pain making the decision difficult, and one recent marriage break up thrown in the midst of it....Thursday is almost here!

As my title suggests, new hip, new beginnings. I'm going in feeling strong physically and mentally.

I will update you all on my progress of my shiny new hip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes Minnie.
It certainly will be a new beginning.
I would suggest that you read some of the Pre-Op articles on the forum to help prepare.
Couple of days to go to Much relief from that pain.
Keep Well.
Joe.......

Thanks @Irish Joe i started a pre op thread back in February and the advice and support on here has been incredible!

It's almost here....the new beginning! Take your time, follow the bonesmart mantras. We are rooting for you!

Minnie.
Oh I see you in the pre op side now.
We've got almost the same rings on the tree so to speak so I'll be watching you.
Sincerest best wishes.
Joe.....

Post op. Over 1 year. By rings on the tree I meant similar age.
I'm doing things now that I haven't for over 2 years.
Some recoveries are quick.
Others are slow.
But they are all recoveries.
Your nearly there Minnie.
Joe.......

Best of luck Minnie. Counting down now and then recovering and the only way is up!! Hope all goes smoothly for you. Will be thinking of you!
The great thing about doing it at this time of year is you shouldn't have to worry about socks! Hated trying to get them in lol! When my other one goes am going to try and do it in the spring!
All the best,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@sammylou99 that made me laugh about the socks! I get cold feet though so might have to persevere with that sock gadget!
Thanks for your wishes.
How's your recovery?

@sammylou99 that made me laugh about the socks! I get cold feet though so might have to preserve with that sock gadget!
Thanks for your wishes.
How's your recovery?

Yes it's pretty chilly here today! Still sock weather!! (And slipper socks helped stopped my heels hurting in bed post op!)
Recovery going really well thank you. 9 weeks now! Walking the dog again and loving that. Was in pain walking him for a long time pre op so this is great!
No restrictions for 3 weeks now so moving well and the hip lets me know if anything is too much. Can get socks and shoes on fine, walking straight with no limp and generally doing normal stuff. Running up the stairs even! I do still get a little tired if I've overdone it and a few aches here and there but none of that awful pre op pain. Slowly but surely I can see that this new hip is going to enable me to live a very normal pain free life and so it's a great result.
Wishing you all the best Minnie, keep us updated.
Sam xx

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

@sammylou99 thanks Sam that's really good to hear your recovery is going well. Very reassuring. I know everyone's different but still this is great to hear you're living a pain free life.
Good tip slipper socks!
Yes will keep you posted.
Jenny x code name Minnie!

Isn't there a Film Called " The Day after Tomorrow"
Sincerest best wishes.
Keep calm and all will be well.
Joe.....

Following on from my pre op thread..

So after three years diagnosed with OA, 3 cortisone injections, numerous physio appointnents, 6 month hospital waiting list, 4 date postponements, fluctuating levels of pain making the decision difficult, and one recent marriage break up thrown in the midst of it....Thursday is almost here!

As my title suggests, new hip, new beginnings. I'm going in feeling strong physically and mentally.

I will update you all on my progress of my shiny new hip.

Gettin me a new one sane day good luck we got this !!!

Chuckster

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

@chuckster
Good luck to you too! Let me know how you go.
I'm first on the list so 7am arrival in hospital on Thursday. Feeling calm...I think!

''Twas the night before the op and all was still' ..apart from my heart beating loudly!
Thanks for all your support. This site is the coolest ever.
See you on the other side!

Best Wishes.
Its a hugely important day for you.
Just another day at the office for the professionals.
Let them do there job tomorrow.
And you'll be ready to take over from there.
Be Well.
Joe......

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562