TKR New Here

rchays57

Country
United States United States
Hi all. First post so a little information. Severe arthritis and Dish disease caused both knees to go bone on bone. My left knee was replaced in Sept of 2018. The right in Jan of 2019.
I had a quick recovery on both Basically pain free 4 months in on both. I am so thankful for the surgeries as i was basically crippled by the pain.
Pt went perfect on the first one. Got a different therapist for the second one and I believe he concentrated on straightening the leg instead of muscle building but it still worked out.
Due to this covid thing and gyms being closed i have not done any exercise to speak of this year.
Both knees have started making clicking noises when I walk and, sitting and repositioning my left one it will pop and clunk when moving like it is going back into place. The right knee is painful on the outside when walking.
My question is , is the lack of exercise what is causing these concerns. If i get back exercising will the noises and feelings go away or could i have damaged them in some way?
I am a big guy 6'3 and 300 lbs. I know weight is a problem but at 70 yrs old it is very difficult to lose it.
Thanks in advance for any and all opinions in this matter.

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
@rchays57
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us! :welome:

Usually pain free clicking and clunking will go away as you get stronger, so yes exercising may help.
The pain on the lateral (outside) pain in your right knee may be caused by this:
ITB (ilio-tibial band) issues and treatments

Suggest since you are having pain you call your surgeon and let them know about your symptoms, and how much pain you are having.

All the best, keep us posted on how you are doing.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
dgojill
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom