New experience - acromioplasty!

Oh no! Praise the Lord for the NHS is all I can say! Linda x

Looks like you and I will be in recovery for shoulder surgery about the same time, @Josephine :) My pre-op exam is on the 10th and surgery is on the 25th ..... 6 days after I turn 70yo! Best of luck to you - Hope your surgery and recuperation is easy-peasy :angel:

Ouch! Are you going to be stuck with the body pillow sling? I hated that thing and was in it was 7 weeks. Sleeping in the bed was almost impossible with that thing on!

Don't know yet, Paula. Won't know until I wake up in recovery! :shocked:

I hope you don't have to wear that thing!

I hope you get a date for your shoulder surgery soon, Jo. Best wishes.

I hope all goes well for you with your rotator cuff repair. Sistersinhim is right. Sleeping with an arm in sling is just as uncomfortable as sleeping on one's back for those who don't like sleeping on their back.

@Grannyhippy, especially with a body pillow making you arm stick out about 10"! I slept in the recliner almost the whole time I was in the body pillow. And like a knee replacement, the sleep was a 'catch it when you can'! Jo, I pray you don't have to have that pillow. And if you do, only for a short time.

That would be uncomfortable @sistersinhim I only had an ordinary sling to sleep in when I had my shoulder done years ago and that was bad enough.

I'm glad you have a date. Less than a month to wait, but plenty of time to make preparations. That's good.

Good deal that you finally have a date. Now, you can make all your plans.

Yep - getting them all under way!

All the best tomorrow Jo! We will all be with you in spirit! Take care.

Thanks @Jaycey. I have to check in at 1230pm and will be done first after lunch. It's an all day list.
Would you believe I'm beginning to get the collywobbles! :shocked:

Would you believe I'm beginning to get the collywobbles!
Probably a case of the more you know the worse it seems. I was really nervous before my second THR. But by this time tomorrow you will be done and dusted!

Best wishes for today, Jo. (It's already May 3rd here in NZ.)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks