New experience - acromioplasty!

I can't imagine fish and chips successfully delivered. If you don't eat them straight away they just get soggy and horrid. Unless that vendor has some new and fancy way to transport that means the product arrives crisp and still hot - I don't think their model will work!

Hope you are doing well Jo!

Did you find something else to eat after that disgusting, disappointing delivery? How are you feeling today?

Sending you best wishes for decreasing pain and good healing, Jo. :friends: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile::kittykiss:

Jo, been thinking about you and hope you are feeling better. It's tough when things don't go quite as planned, but as you always tell everyone here....give it some time. It's still early days yet.

Be really good to yourself and get lots of rest. That helps so much!!! And be sure to take your "patience" pills every day!
upload_2017-5-10_2-55-57.png

Bless him, I had a letter from my surgeon explaining what he had done and what he couldn't do.

"The A/C joint a had significant amount of degeneration with massive, spikey osteophytes on the under-surface. These have all been resected, as has the a/c joint itself and the technical part of the decompression went without a hitch.

The major difficulty is that here is a significant loss of cartilage on the joint surface of the shoulder and the glenoid labrum is very compromised. Of more importance however is that fact that rotator cuff has an enormous tear in it with the edges retracted way beyond the glenoid making it irreparable.

We will see how you get on with the work that has been done but next time we meet we are going to have to have a serious chat as to whether we keep you ticking along with cortisone shots in the medium to long term or whether we have to think in terms of a reversed polarity prosthesis since no other surgical intervention is possible."

A reversed polarity shoulder replacement looks like an up-side-down hip replacement

reversed polarity.JPG

However, last weekend, I did something really stupid in terms of extending my arm and sustained a sudden, really bad pain and what I think is a major tear of the long head of the biceps (where the red arrow is). As a result, I cannot do much with my arm at all now and the bruising is quite spectacular!

back bruises-horz.jpg

This has made me even more disabled that ever and I was really lucky to get in to see him the very next day which was yesterday. He gave me a cortisone shot to help alleviate the pain but it's not done much good! He also told me this was going to take 3-6 months to heal which was not what I wanted to hear!

Oh my goodness, what a huge disappointment for you and those of us who care about you so much. Whatever decision you make, know that we are with you and will be praying for you!

Oh drat, @Josephine your poor shoulder! Sending you virtual hugs and healing vibes. And hey no more of those sudden shoulder movements that cause additional problems, OK?!

Thinking of you Josephine and hoping that the pain decreases fast. You're going to need those patience pills that Jamie sent you.

Gosh, I've not updated this in ages!

All went well with the 'injury'. Turns out the bruising was from the surgery and the 'clunk, clunk' was just the loose joint doing it's thing! Since then, the bruising has almost gone as have the sutures and though I'm more active, I'm hurting all over the place! But the oddest one is that just above the elbow! But I know that this is where the biceps muscle is inserted. But you know what they say - a little knowledge is a dangerous thing! :heehee:

arm and shoulder.jpg

Oh I'm so sorry you're having such pain. Are you being too active? Sometimes you have to practice what you preach!

Quite possibly - too much 'putering!

I also broke my TENS! dropped it on the kitchen floor which is tiled.
New one (hopefully) coming tomorrow but I do miss it.

I wish I could give you mine. I've tried once and it did nothing.

I found my TENS unit masked the pain and I ended up doing too much as a result. Take it easy Jo!

I got a new one but for some reason it's nowhere near as effective as the last one. But perhaps I just need to get used to it!

So far pain is still very sharp on occasions and it's very annoying. But there are things, such as putting on clothes or lifting (some) things which I can do okay. But - familiar song!) I'm getting rather bored! Still it is only 5 weeks yet.

I also paid a visit to my chiro who gave me a good workout and for 24 blissful hours, I really felt better. But it didn't last!
I found my TENS unit masked the pain and I ended up doing too much as a result.
You could say that about almost anything, Jaycey!

Good to see you back, Josephine! Don't overdo again!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom