Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

Hey, Bonnie, you are my inspiration. I am so glad that your new revision has done the job. I was thinking about the difference in length of your legs with the new spacer etc.

I had a visit with my OS, who will be doin g the revision in early June. He showed me that not only has the cement debonded from the side of the stem, there is wear on the insert spacer on the top. He does not believe that any activity I have done is the cause especially after 2 great years of normal activity skiing, walking,etc caused this. "It is just one of not expected failures".

He examined the leg and sees how tight my leg is with great muscle and tendon tone from my continued twice a week work with a PT.

we talked about orthostics and he says to have them made again after the revision. We discussed the difference in my leg lengths which have been that way my entire life. He said, that most likely I will need only a tibial replacement with a longer stem and mesh of the same brand, Zimmer, and size spacer, for my change in length.

All in all, he made me feel better while I ma waiting until June 6 for the revision. I can go back to spinning if it does not change my pain level, which is minimal, and only walking starting to get up and walk for a few minutes.

Congratulations and looking to hear my results in the future.
Larry

Bonnie, ( @RunA42K ) I have decided I would like to get a 2nd opinion from your OS at Texas Orthopedic. The one I've seen is supposed to be one of the best in Houston but he scared the heck out of me with his prognosis that there's a 50% chance it could be worse. I know they give you a worse case scenario to cover themselves and maybe it's just me after going through 3 years of hell and just wanting to be active again. Could you PM me his information and I will give him a call right away?

@turtle68 Gosh, just read this...I'll pm you now Dorothy. I have another person seeing my doctor tomorrow for a second opinion.

With all the recent flooding in Houston recently I was stuck in the house...not even able to walk down my driveway to my mailbox. Neighborhood filled with water and surrounding areas made for lots of rest. My house and cars were fine no water in the houses in my neighborhood just flooded streets...

So when I was able to get out where did I go? To Physical Therapy of course where I hit a new PR (personal record) measuring in at 126 degrees numerous times!! It just keeps getting better. Not yet 6 months and I am still gaining functional ROM!

Never stop trying, never give up...it can be better. :dancy:

So when I was able to get out where did I go? To Physical Therapy of course where I hit a new PR (personal record) measuring in at 126 degrees numerous times!! It just keeps getting better. Not yet 6 months and I am still gaining functional ROM!
I am happy to read of your issues with all of the rain---that you did not have all of the horrible problems that others had in the Houston area----and your report about the ROM is awesome!!!

I am doubly very, very happy for you!!

My story seems similar to Bonnie (RunA42K). I live in Cypress Tx and have been to 7 surgeons in Houston and New York City before I founding a Dr that tested for Metal Allergies. Is there any way I can talk privately with RunA42K about your journey and how you found a successful outcome?
Janet

Del,
You can personal message Bonnie, click on InBox, then click on "start a new message". Type in her user name and write your message to her.
You discussion might be helpful to other members, you can also post your question here.
Other members have found success with Dr Maale in Fort Worth.

@Del
I think you have to have posted at least 10 times before you can start a PM, so why not start a thread of your own and tell us a bit more about your history?
We do have a couple of members at the moment who have metal allergies, so they might chip in with their experience, too.

Thanks for the advice. I am new to this forum. I will start a new thread and see if anyone replies.

Will it let me message Del? I can try...no need to travel to Ft. Worth when we have the world renowned medical center right here in Houston! Yes Cypress is like a northern suburb of Houston! Only 25 miles to the best medical care in the world.

I try to message @Del now.

I met Del, she came to my work after I sent her a PM. Turns out we're neighbors...literally. The trails where I walk and ride my bike are in my backyard and in her backyard too. What a small world. We are staying in touch!

Small world it is, hope she finds help for her metal allergies. Thanks for helping her Bonnie.

Bonnie I just finushed reading your thread from start to finish. I remember some of the things that were there from when I was on before back in 2011.

I am so amazed at your will to keep going and get better. You have crossed many mountains on the way. Not to mention family crisis and heart aches.

I hope this post finds you doing well with good ROM. Congratulations on your grandbaby.

On our way to the mountains today to take my birthday hike I saw the neatest bike. I told my husband I must tell you about it. It looked almost like those pedal scooters we had as kids that you stood on a platform and pushed with one leg except this had pedals that made you look like you were running. I searched on the net and found one that looks like it might be one of them. It might be an ElliptiGO 3C or something similar. Hope you can find it to see one. Pretty cool I say.

Thanks for sharing your story. I have learned so much from you sharing your journey and the helpful things people have shared with you.

Donna

@kneeworn Donna, thank you so very much for your kind words...you know, you made my day. I read your message as I was trying to get more ROM at Physical Therapy today. Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. That was not an easy task. I will look on the internet for one of those bikes, it sounds pretty cool, and yes I still mourn the loss of running. Have a great birthday week hiking in the mountains and thank you again for taking time out for me. xo

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom