Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

RunA42K

post-grad
Country
United States United States
I have a lot to talk about and can't really write a lot right now so I can give you a few short chapters. Yes I had my RTKR on Monday morning and yes I am still here in the hospital and should be going home today, as everything is all good with vitals, blood, and PT., but have not seen the doctor yet today.

When I woke up Monday morning I did what was required of me before surgery. My husband had been the first one downstairs but returned upstairs speechless and devastated telling me that our 14 year old dog Molly had died. I had tucked her into her bed on Sunday night kissed her on the head and told her I would see her in the morning. Well I never got to see her alive again. I cried all the way to the hospital and right into the surgery room. My surgeon and staff learned what had happened and were so caring and kind to me. I just wanted to have the general anesthesia so I wouldn't have to think anymore.

Surgery went well they told me, it took about 2 1/2 hours. I was very drugged on Monday and that was good otherwise I would have just been crying. This sure was never in my plans for my surgery day. Guess I will close for now as I am getting too sad again. I will write more later about my recovery the good and the bad!

Take care everyone, hug your loved ones and your pets because we never know when the time is up.

Bonnie

Re: I am on the other side now friends!

Bonnie:
Glad you are on the other side, and my condolences toyou and yours on the loss of your beloved Molly.
I am a major dog person (3 labs).
This is a link to a poem that will make you cry, but get through it and it will give you much solace That is what it does with me when we lose an animal. I have all their cremated remains in various areas of my house, and this poem is with each one of them.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Sandy

Sandy, thank you so much...I read it am I am crying again but you are right is comforting to know that one day we can meet again. My husband was very torn on Monday morning, even thought of not telling me before surgery but he knew that I would be looking for her to let her know I'd be home in a few days. I told him to put her in a blanket , drop me off at the hospital then go back home and take care of Molly. So once again he was torn about being here during my surgery or leaving. I told him I would be in good hands but more than anything else I wanted Molly to betaken care of. He left the hospital went home and got Molly and took her to our vet for cremation. He made all of her arrangements during my surgery. We should have her ashes returned to us on Friday. I will do like you and put this poem next to her ashes. My husband made it back to the hospital in time to talk to the doctor after my surgery. Very emotional week for us and our kids!

Bonnie

Oh Bonnie, that is so sad. I feel for you having lost her and at such a crucial moment. I am pleased the staff were extra sympathetic.

But on a lighter note, delighted you have done so well. Keep up the good work!

Oh Bonnie I'm so sorry! :console:
my animals are such a big part of my life. (now I'm in tears). They offer such wonderful companionship and support.
I have an old lady (12) at home and she will get extra loves tonight.

Bonnie, glad to hear you are doing well on the other side and finally on the road to getting back on the road.

Keep us informed.

Sorry for your loss of a good friend.

I am very saddened at your loss---I am a dog lover---and I hurt for you, too.

I, too, have lost several loving dogs and I cry when I read the Rainbow Bridge poem and song. Here is one set to music.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

I am glad, though, that your surgery went well and that you are indeed on the "other side."

Hang in there, I know that I will see my beloved dogs again, and you will see yours, too.

Bonnie, I am glad you are on the other side and doing well. So sorry for the loss of your beloved dog, Molly.

Hi Bonnie,
I am glad you made it to the other side and I hope soon enough you will be pain free. I am also so sorry for the loss of your beloved, Molly.

Very sorry Bonnie for that bad coincidence. I also have a 13 years old lab, and while my mother was in hospital I was taking care of him as well as I could because he has problems with walking and getting up, and incontinence. It is very sad to loose such a friend.

Sandy, I'm trying to swallow my tears, very beautiful poem!, thanks.

Here's another poem for our canine friends who aren't here with us any more

I stood by your bed last night,I came to have a peep
I could see that you were crying, you found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly, as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here".
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today: your arms are getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today: you tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, That I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you: I smiled and said "It's me".
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there,
It's possible for me, I promise, to be near you every day.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is now over... and I smile and watch you yawning,
and say"goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll be together, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

But

Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

Im crying just reading this thread - I am a cat person but they are my children - I'm so sorry for your loss - I'm not sure how I'll function when the time comes for me, I can't even think about it - but I'm so proud of you to have gone thru your surgery and come out doing so well - time begins to heal all wounds - but you will always remember :cry:

xoxxoxox,

Linda

Bonnie I am so very sorry that you lost your good friend on an already traumatic day. I can't stop the tears - I too have a little canine friend and the thought of losing her is unbearable, she has been such a comfort whilst I've been at home recovering from my own TKR.

You are in my prayers tonight. Hugs.

Bonnie, I'm so very sorry to hear about Molly, that is so sad. What timing, too, and what an emotional time for you.

I'm glad the surgery went well and wish you all the best.

River

Hi, Bonnie. I also am in tears and feel so sad about your loss of Molly. I also have lost a beloved dog and we have a 19 year old cat whom we have come close to losing a number of times. I have just read the beautiful poem from Tykey and I hope it will comfort you.

Glad to hear your surgery has gone well and that you will be home soon. Take care and rest lots. Hope we hear again from you very soon.

So sorry for your loss. Just a few days ago I changed my avitar becasue I noted how many of us have our dogs or cats that we care so much about in them. Keep your faith and thanks for giving Molly a great life for it is evident you did by your deep sense of loss.

Hello Bonnie - I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet as they are part of the family and to have happened at such a time was very sad. But I'm sure she looked after you during your surgery and glad that it went well for you.

Oh, Bonnie.....I just don't know what to say except I'm so sorry about your beloved Molly. I must say I ended up with a pretty good cry just reading your post and all the caring comments from your BoneSmart family. Believe me, we understand so well how you must feel. Molly knew you loved her so very much and her spirit will remain in your heart to see you through recovery. God bless you and your sweet, caring husband.

Bonnie,
I am so sorry to ear about your loss. When you feel better and more like reading there is a wonderful book called "The Art of Racing in the Rain." It helped me to deal with the loss of my dog. Take care of yourself,better days are ahead.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back