THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You too @copsham
Yes @Josephine it is strange. At the moment I'm still on the get used to it and not feeling nauseated, the wifff has reminded me I'm trying to run before I can walk. But I find it so interesting and yup I get ahead of myself. Strange yet at work I had been off for a few days and when I returned one of the service users had 8 shirts and 4shirts on. He had refused all help. Should be noted he had been a big rugby player and had errr helped one care worker to the floor once. He saw me and walked over, I took him to his room his arm on my shoulder and we got him sorted. Well 3 hours later we emerged him showered and only one set of clothing on. Point of ramble is I don't have any thought about rushing at work. I will wager that many of the over done it peeps are more self aware in work tasks to. Oh I did come out soaked he turned the shower on me laughing his head of.
Anyway not sure yet where therapist is taking me to next.
#CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14

@Legin first off your rugby player story is wonderful! It's clear you can get right in somebody's mind and be with them there-- what a gift to them, and for you!!
Re stamina, come on man! You were just getting back into working on stamina from the THR, when this CRPS came along. So you've lost the conditioning you had 10 months ago. Moreover, in case you hadn't noticed, it saps energy to cope with pain. I believe you will get stamina, even if you have to duct tape a mirror to bad leg while walking!!!
I am glad the interview went well, hope you hear/d back from them today!(I love this time travel thing called "across the pond")
My m-i-l is simply very very old, but since she is still at home with 24/7 care and frequent family visits and events , she hasn't got dementia. Put her in a group home, though, and I bet she would show signs of dementia in 24 hours! I would hire you in a heartbeat-- but she probably wouldn't understand a word you said unless you reverted to BBC news anchor mode :lol:

My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!

Chortle, believe it or not I am able to talk proper like. Its a wee trick I learned when had to do loads of wine talks. Just put my slower talking head on and annunciate.
Having worked soo long in various residential settings I see how easy it is for almost a group mindset, and have witnessed it. Hence why I fought to keep people individual and why I would get into trouble.

Legin THR Sep 14

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya from sunny Wales. Glad I got here the air is lovely.

Just wanted to wish you luck in all you're doing. I really enjoyed reading this thread. It's both fun and informative too.

The mirroring fascinates me XX

Chat soon pal
Love Nana moon 27 XX

Yaky day errrr boyesss... Sheeesh what is welsh slang for lady..... Gulp the air in lass

Legin THR Sep 14

#CRPS
Update on mirror therapy.
Sitting looking at reflection and trying to ignore nausea I got a zapp in hidden affected leg and foot. Nought unusual in zapps but the mirror image moved well the toes. I continued to look and as pained toes moved on hidden foot mirrored toes twitched. Legin meets X files..,...........

Legin THR Sep 14

Well now there is the time I went in a hall of mirrors.... 777years bad luck later....
Re nerve damage nope no new feeling or movement in toes 4 and 5 minor movement in toe3. Also unable to go on tiptoes in right leg. @sunbunny

Legin THR Sep 14

It continues to be weird and wonderful - whatever next? x

Ok so... You are saying that the toes in the mirror moved but not the unhidden ones??? ;)
Google "Warehouse 13 Alice's mirror". I think you have topped that! At least something is happening differently!
How about "arwres" heroine? All the others I saw were non complimentary...

Noo wasn't looking at normal foot but at mirror and mirror foot moved arrrgh now I'm lost. Where's ma mirror .....

Legin THR Sep 14

All in the brain, m'boy, all in the brain. You will have to find out if this happens to others doing this therapy. Remember Jo said she could, I forget what, put her hurt hand to her head with mirror but not without?

I have checked other sites and not a lot back. I really am amazed at.how the brain works. Guess its from years of working with autistic young people to be of any help to them I had to work out how they ticked. Now its me and I think I tock more than tick.

Legin THR Sep 14

I have created a new thread in pre opp area.

Legin THR Sep 14

@Legin My weekly visit to your thread is always interesting. The mirror things sounds really strange but good.
You are staying very positive and moving forwards and deserve a real boost sometime soon. I hope CAB grab you as you will be a real asset to them as you will be ready to listen to others and not judge them.

Thanks snaperooo I hope all is well for you I too read you journey and I'm really happy for you well deserved for a grand person that you are.

Legin THR Sep 14

Hi @Legin how is your op hip standing up to the strain of the Crps
When do you start your "wee job"

Popped in to see how my fellow jock is doing, It appears the rugby player felt ye were in need of a guid wash lol. You appear to be in a positive mode and enjoy yer work. Talking about talking proper I remember being in Corfu and talking to a couple from Portsmouth who were at the same digs and the woman appeared to understand the lingo when I turned to her husband he advised he didn't understand a single word I said. Ma sides. I asked him if he wanted me to talk in my proper scottish voice he replied seriously yes I understood that :phone:

Billy

Hello legin. I've just started posting although I have been reading for about a month. I've read much of your thread and admire your courage. I'm afraid after 3 painful months after LTHR I am starting to get nerve pain. I know you are an expert in this. Appt. with OS tomorrow. Good wishes to you and thanks for posting your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Hip4life
    Staff member since January 6, 2022
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017