THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @Legin - a hover mower, you brought a little dream alive! They are not really the go here in Australia, everyone seeming to prefer noisy, smelly, heavy things to chomp through the grass, and I would love the peace and quiet of an electric mower instead! We do have a big yard, but I'm sure I could manage better with it, and would be able to help. Ah well, will have to leave it to the man, oh dear me... ;)

You will have to explain why so many blokes - even when they have pain and sore stuff - love cutting the grass? Testosterolawn in the system?

Be carful. Hope your doing alright.
We hope u had a lovely holiday!!!

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015

Kind of like driving a gyroscope! But you are right, you will feel more like yourself, and you can't put a value high enough on that!
Ok, when they come up with a riding hover mower, the suburban American male will have a new toy!

My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!

Hovers come into their own when cutting on steep inclines. Tie rope to handle, let go of mower and mowers cuts the banking. Unless you don't tie it v well.............. Ooooopsie.
Back to full on mirror work as its diff at weekend as lots.peeps pop in. Also several bus rides, should be fun but hey yah have to do it to beat it.

Legin THR Sep 14

Now that is interesting. We are on a steep hill. Our "back garden" is all meadow which will need cutting in August. Just trying to visualise which tree, length of rope, where is the nylon rope etc. Sounds great fun BUT I wonder if the meadow is too bumpy! I bought a sled last winter for me and grandson would be perfect on our slope, but by the time there was snow I was too incapacitated by hip - oh well next year!

Our hip/knees etc do incapacitate us so much. I recall @Nana moon 27 referring to doing all sorts of crazy things with grandchildren pre op. She sounded such a fun granny but with time it is coming back.

Hi @Legin
Hope you are okay. Any developments with your dreaded mirror? Its turning cold tonight especially in Scotland - is that good or bad or irrelevant to your CPRS?

Hiya who ever is bored enough to read my thread. I had a busy day yesterday had to do the walk to bus stop, bus trip to Perth then another long walk to attend an interview for a wee part time job. So whilst extremely tiring it felt solo good to be doing a normal type thing. Also and I haven't posted this before but I have applied for other jobs recently all that I am more than qualified to do and capable of in my condition and haven't even gotten an interview. I can only assume they can't we past my health problem. What ever the reason it didn't do my sense of worth much good. A
Anyway re mirror haven't done much as been busy and was shattered yesterday. Today I have to do the same sort of trip to go.to job centre. It will be interesting to see how the foot copes, yesterday the ttoes were at level 20 on internal ow metre. See how they cope with two days running of much increased activity. #CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Legin how discouraging. Here is your smile from yesterday :)
If it were here in US I would strongly suspect your age to be the reason for no interviews. Here they will turn themselves inside out to get rid of wisdom. In favor of skill with social media, it seems.
Well, you have an astounding skill set, there is a job somewhere out there that doesn't yet know you are its perfect mate!
Mental non-touch hug for toes and brain!! And hie thee to thy mirror, man :lol:

Age thing isn't that big here well in social care jobs. Got thru second day of looooong walks and bus journeys. A tad tired but its still good to be normal. On plus side CItizens Advice Bureau thing is a deffinate go. I have to attend training on 23rd then start not long after.

Legin THR Sep 14

Hooray for CAB! And congrats on making it through the second tough day.
You know, I always forget to ask-- how is your actual hip? 10 months out, how do you like it?

I giggled at proving men can't multi task. I don't know if anyone could do the mental gymnastics with a mirror other than a weather man with their mirror like green screens. Maybe that's why they always get the weather wrong, so much focus to point to the correct direction on the screen!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I have always maintained I can multitask just get more than one thing wrong. Hip is good just nerve injury and crops to sort. Then this knack of breaking mirrors.

Legin THR Sep 14

Well that's the problem!!! (7 yrs bad luck) x (# of mirror breaks). Oi vay! I don't understand your nerve pain. I've seen the acronym but dont know what it is. If it's worse than my leg on fire from the sciatic being triggered from a pulled muscle but it only one leg. You describe pain like my father in law has with neuropathy, he says night time is absolution oh hire sous in his feet and fire, nails, etc. I hope you're ok.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Hi @Legin
Two of those long days wow how are you are coping with it? The CAB will be a good proof that you can do things and to get a good reference but totally frustrating at this stage in your career/ life to have to do this. x

#CRPS Just checked over the two days I walked just under 8 miles and stood for over seven hours waiting for buses. So guess what, I'm pooped. My foot well best not said but let's just say the foot is pleased I don't have to do the same again. But even though I knew I haven't been able to do much I was shocked at how bad my stamina is. This will be thought upon.
Interview went well it involves supporting an elderly gent who has dementia. I have worked with dementia and enjoyed it. I can easily jump into what ever age of their life they are in at that time
The CAB whilst being unpaid its also an area no love that of trainer and facilitator in educating young people. The leader of the project asked me am I OK doing the public speaking thingmabob, chortled back at her said aye have been in front of hundreds at a time, more the better said the spider.......

Legin THR Sep 14

#CRPS Sheesh this thing is weird. Went full on with mirror therapy and whilst I can manage more in time as in seconds, record is 23, its mind churning. Foot is very sore, heel and number two and three toes, well I looked at mirror image but thought ow those toes hurt but it was to mirror image I placed the comment to not real foot. ....

Legin THR Sep 14

Well I'm still reading - never post much but I'm still reading!

Mirroring is an excellent therapy. I used it when I tore a major muscle in my shoulder a couple of years back.
Amazingly I did find I could do things I couldn't do otherwise, like touch the back of my head. Incredible!

What you are doing with the CRPS seems sort of weird, wonderful and horrible all at the same time. I feel sort of travel sick at the thought of the mirror. You did 8 miles and are concerned about your stamina wow!!!

I think your work with the man with dementia will be wonderful. Someone who can go with the flow of the dementia is valuable indeed. My mother went down hill with dementia and at first it was hard to understand. But after reading a book by Oliver James it made more sense. When I had my hip op and could not visit her for 2 weeks she did not realise that I had not visited. When I told her I had a small operation she said "oh thats nice" It is so much more than memory, also perception. She thought a crowded car park was lots of different coloured animals. When I take her for a 20 mins drive she thinks an industrial estate is beautiful as much as the country side - perception again

My mother had two knee replacements 20 and 15 yrs ago. I had the same consultant for my hip as she had for her knees. The knees are still going strong, even if her brain isn't!!
Look after yourself @Legin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
OsteoBionicGal
Recent bookmarks
Back