THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, well that was a milestone to celebrate Nigel :)

Aye. As I work in care I firmly.believe we don't.recognise the value of small.achievments and as they are often missed the potential for use is lost. I visited work the other week and also went into the demantia.and.elderly and fragile unit. One.lady is.prone.to.deoression so possitive approach is paramount she has had a major stroke gave me.a.huge hug and her daughter said mum you moved your arm. Aye I.said just to clout me then.gave her a bigger hug. I'm a tactile chap

Legin THR Sep 14

That is very special Nigel. The body is a miracle though and damaged nerves do heal :)

Hope so but I will.move.forward what ever and.will climb my hill. Sorry to.be so I.WILL but its me ie aged 14 decided wouldn't swear and.haven't since tho.do.have.my own words like beeezer. Ok bathroom done.off tooo shop. Good bleathering with you thank you again

Legin THR Sep 14

@Legin that was very moving reading. It was a similar situation with me. Two jobs, gym every other night. chasing grandchildren at weekends, power walking with sil of a night on the evenings that I didn't go the gym. Now reduced to this. But I am getting better. Albeit slowly but defo better x x x

That you.are lass wee steps

Legin THR Sep 14

Soooo glad I.went to shop it was.mobbed and.shelves emptying rapidly. Shopping.weighed. well over 20 kl so good work out for walk back. Even did the dreaded steps.twice to.show off. Soooooooooo I can officially say.that is all the food bought. We always have bistmass. 26th as ever since I.split with girls mom I don't have them on.25th. Even though they are now 18 and 20 it remains.

Legin THR Sep 14

Just reread my post re 25th sounded bitter. Noooooooo its now a.tradition in our house. Even.helped with.grandson. He knows.prezies on 25th from Santa and on.26th from us. He is turned on told him.we have to leave a.dram out for santa he looked and said what he had whiskey. In.every house.

Legin THR Sep 14

Hi, @Legin. Just caught up with your report from the doctor - wish I could magically reach across the pond for a hug. All I can offer. . And just a bit of encouragement - as I said, I had some degree of nerve damage and foot drop after back surgery at age 30 - fortunately not as extensive as you do, I believe, but very painful and difficult to walk. It did recover almost completely, but took much longer than anyone said - message - don't give up (I know you won't!) It will be very slow, very small milestones of progress and may take several years before the nerves completely reestablish new pathways to the extent that is possible. I also had no choice about getting on with life, had to work and care for my family - and returned to lots of great outdoor activities like whitewater rafting and wilderness hiking.
I love your attitude, and send you all my wishes for a fabulous holiday - I'm making pies today for our family get together tomorrow - worth every ache and pain!

Merry Xmas Nigel, @Legin from 'down under' and I am counting on 2015 bringing you rapid improvement with the nerve damage to your foot dear Scottish friend :)

Awww ty my friend from the new country I will be fine.and.what ever.2015 brings I will chortle my way through and.I.will get to my rock. May 2015 be happy for you @Poppet

Legin THR Sep 14

Okies just a.note to say.tomorrow at 12 noon I will raise a glass to.all of the smarties. Oooer just thought I'm a smartie - sssssssooooo not smart more smartless me.that is MERRRRRRY CRIMBLES HO HO HO

Legin THR Sep 14

What christmas is about copy of letter written in.christmas 1914 when.English and German soldiers forgot the war

Dearest Mother,
I am writing this in the trenches in my "dug out" - with a wood fire going and plenty of straw it is rather cosy, although it is freezing hard and real Christmas weather.
I think I have seen today one of the most extraordinary sights that anyone has ever seen. About 10 o'clock this morning I was peeping over the parapet when I saw a German, waving his arms, and presently two of them got out of their trench and came towards ours.
We were just going to fire on them when we saw they had no rifles, so one of our men went to meet them and in about two minutes the ground between the two lines of trenches was swarming with men and officers of both sides, shaking hands and wishing each other a happy Christmas.
This continued for about half an hour when most of the men were ordered back to the trenches. For the rest of the day nobody has fired a shot and the men have been wandering about at will on the top of the parapet and carrying straw and firewood about in the open - we have also had joint burial parties with a service for some dead, some German and some ours, who were lying out between the lines.
Some of our officers were taking photos of English and German soldiers - the extraordinary truce has been quite impromptu - there was no previous arrangement and of course it had been decided that there was not to be any cessation of hostilities.
I went out myself and shook hands with several of their officers and men. From what I gathered most of them would be as glad to get home again as we should - we have had our pipes playing all day and everyone has been wandering about in the open unmolested but not of course as far as the enemies lines.
The truce will probably go on until someone is foolish enough to let off his rifle - we nearly messed it up this afternoon, by one of our fellows letting off his rifle skywards by mistake but they did not seem to notice it so it did not matter.

Taken.from.Huffington Post. Public domain

Legin THR Sep 14

Me toooo just makes you.think when so many.horrific things are going.on.right now

Legin THR Sep 14

Have a Happy Christmas and wonderful Hogmamay, Legin.

Thanks for all your support and kind messages.

Mary x

Not sure whats going on foot twice normal size so no movement in foot. Dagnabit shouldnt hv done river dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom