THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Legin

I just wanted to say to you please listen to the advice you've been given. These ladies so know what they're on about. I can't give any advice about hip as mine was knee but recovery is recovery.

I made the dreadful mistake after my knee op trying to do too much too soon. My problem was that I was a hyperactive, workaholic superwoman, juggling two jobs, running the house, doing the gardening (my hobby), finances, dealing with the problems grown up children and grandchildren can bring on occasion and the only wage earner as hubby's retired. I was so into this ethos of work that when I suddenly found myself "trapped" I didn't cope well at all. 10 months down the line I've had a revision on my knee last month and ended back at the start of a12 week minimum recovery. I'm on antidepressants because I've not driven or be able to go out independently. I felt like I lost everything at one stage. You sound a lively, go get em, get on with it person. In fact it's like reading my male equivalent!!! However, the revision feels like it's working.

The problem is you have to think long term. I don't wish to worry you, I'm most certainly not judging you but what you don't want to do is blow your health for when you retire by being stubborn. It's not a failure to recover. You have a long time ahead to live and quite frankly you need to be In good health to continue walking your dogs and doing all the things you enjoy outdoors.

All I want for you is a steady, healthy, sensible recovery so you can live the rest of your life with full mobility.

Please take care and no offence is meant by my post to you.

Take care
Nana moon 27 x

Oh my. Ty for such a heart rendering reply. Yup I don't just have ants in my pants, I have 2 competing colonies (accounts for the twitchiness)! It's true things come home to roost. All my life I have gone my own way usually ignoring Drs resulting 2 dodgy hips and a very craggy visage. But seems I have finally hit the wall. The giver and doer is stumped and it hurts! arrrrrg

ok ty again

That's how I was for a long time. I still got itchy feet too., let alone the colonies of ants! I despise this situation but I've learnt from the last time. I want to be able to return to work and get my life and sanity back.

Yes being and giver and doer is great, but you know sometimes you've got to become a taker for a while. If you tell yourself this is only temporary And for a greater good, you'll be fine, you really will.

It hurts your pride and bruises your ego but hey, they mend.

If you've hit the wall then that's life's way of slowing you down for a bit. Please take care x

You have been through it havent you, anyway given myself a humongous kick up the rump. Could be worse I could be bald, (loooks in mirror - OOOOOOOPS).
I have decided to go down to the loch the first good day,take a picnic and let the air blow out the cobwebs. Ty for your patience with a silly old ogre.

Hi @Legin

I totally get how hard it is when you're an outdoors person. I used to love going fly fishing in Wales. I was a member of the Dolgellau Anglers Association. Trouble was when I needed a pee, I couldn't go once my knee went cos I couldn't squat! I haven't been for four years now. Here's hoping maybe next season I can perhaps do some short bursts of fishing. I used to walk miles round that lake or around the rivers nearby. The permit used to cover the lake and so many miles of two rivers.

Please listen to your doctors and the lovely people on here advising you. You will make a full recovery that way. That will make all the difference to your later life which you have to consider!!!

Take care

Love Nana moon 27 x

Im sure you will get there( fishing) you desrve to. I used to fish alot when I lived in the Lake District, many a tall tail to tell. Its as they say alot of my job involves councelling so I make the worst client for taking suggestions for me and being male multiplies this. Thanks again
Toodles
Legin (btw legin turn it around and theres my name)

Quite couple of days. Walk to see the evil one tomorrow, physio

8.30 about 1 mile walk. That should loosen me up before the unspeakable one. She tells me off

Go on you got to spill the beans now. Why and what does she tell you off about. Secondly does she hurt you? Xxx

Naaaaa never really hurts she tells me to do something and I kinda take it to a higher level the physio I had when I did my achillies she made me do things that hurt. But hey surgeon said I prob wouldnt run again, I waved to him whilst playing squash a year later

Hi @Legin

You know that in all honesty, she knows best. You don't want to be going into older age immobile. It's not worth it x
As you said yourself in an earlier post.... "It's true things come home to roost. All my life I have gone my own way usually ignoring Drs resulting 2 dodgy hips and a very craggy visage. But seems I have finally hit the wall. The giver and doer is stumped and it hurts! arrrrrgh"

You seriously need to reconsider your approach if you want to enjoy those beautiful lochs and glens for the rest of your life. You're a free spirit. I would hate for you to end up trapped when you're older x

Lecture over...so sayeth Nana moon 27 x

Back from physio and polishing my gold star, whoot whoot

Went fine. As norm she asked what I hd been upto. Got a big frown then she checked me out as in my movememt and resistance for muscles and declared I was doing really good msssive improvement. I asked about stairs as in leading with opp leg. Off we went did about 20 steps on their mockup stairs, was a tad sweaty with effort. Got lecture about over doing it and she then said she would push neurologist. Thats it I walked home in rain but thats ok its good for the hair.
#CRPS

Hi @Legin

I'm ever so glad you got ok with the evil one today. I I hope that you remembered your Pantene to rub in on your way home in the rain lol XX

You sounded happy enough. Why have you got to see a neurologist?

Love Nana moon 27 x

Neurologist is required as I still have a dead foot and no muscle resistance what so ever hence falls. I was checking out other forumss and note you are not well. Here is me moaning and you are far worse than myself Im truly sorry an I hope you take your own advise and look after your self. Oh footnote (punnnnnn) Im allowed to do steps leading with poorly leg whooot whooot

Don't be worrying about me. I don't know whether it's the steroids or what but I've woken up this morning feeling mentally more me for the first time in ages. I still don't feel physically well. I'm a tough little lassie who, when she is feeling better is going to kick a few backsides into touch. Can't do anything yet but believe me I will. I've been off work 10 months, made to feel like a stranger in my own home. I haven't driven since last December. I have no independence. I've gone from being a live wire, juggling two jobs and a home, to this vulnerable person I barely recognise. I'm the only one of us working. Or was. I'm on half pay and January I have nothing. It's all fallen on my shoulders with no one else seeming to be worrying that we are starting to sink. As I say Nigel, a Phoenix will rise from these ashes.

Do you know what? If someone had told me I'd end up like this two years ago I'd have laughed in their face...seriously. I never realised what an impact mobility has on your life both physically and mentally xxx

I'm sorry about your dead foot but I've read a few posts on this side saying the same. The lady shrinkette who contacted you firstly, I'm sure she's gone/going through the same thing xxx

Sorry for offloading on to you Nigel. I'm not in the habit of that with strange men.... Lol xxx :heehee:

Love Nana moon 27 x

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks
Back