Bilateral TKR Neehutchy's Recovery<

That sounds like a wonderful week!
Good luck at pt today.

Glad you are doing well , I have just re-read your revovery how was the Halloween party did they recognise you?
I hope you have continued improvements, and a very succesful recovery:flwrysmile:

First time solo out of the house today! Drove to town, got a couple things at the little local grocery and came home.

Wow,you’re brave! We are retired, so it was 11 weeks before I even drove, because he had an eye appointment and would have his eyes dilated and couldn’t drive home, and it was an hour away. I can’t remember when I went out by myself.

That's quite amazing! If I'm off the pain meds I'm trying next week.
How were able to brake with your right leg?????

That's quite amazing! If I'm off the pain meds I'm trying next week.
How were able to brake with your right leg?????
Lefty is my problem child (stiffer and more swollen) but i can easily pick up both feet and move them. The PT said he saw no reason why i couldnt drive, was surprised I wasn't already doing so.

Hi @Neehutchy it's amazing and inspiring that you are out and about! I can't wait to get rid of my walker!:wowspring:

@Gingercat I used the walker for 2 1/2 weeks, the in home pt asked me why and handed me the cane. Then gave me some pointers and told me to walk. :whistle:

@Neehutchy, you should always be in control of your recovery. If you feel that you have some unsteadiness, and need the walker, use it. No one should force you to do anything you aren't ready for. PT doesn't know how staple you feel, only you do. If you feel any weakness, go back to the walker. Your safety comes first.

Just amazing to me!
I feel so inferior :rotfl: Just kidding.

It’s a fine line (for me) between doing too much or not enough.

@Neehutchy, No one should force you to do anything you aren't ready for. PT doesn't know how staple you feel, only you do. If you feel any weakness, go back to the walker. Your safety comes first.
You said it perfectly. After that i used it in the morning and middle of the night. And when they (home pt) came to discharge me they were surprised when i answered the door with it, at 3 weeks. Well, i hsve a black lab who is very active and gets super excited when company comes. I used the wslker as a protective cage for my knees! They didn't like that! :what:
Ahem, too bad, you dont live here...she does. This works well.

Just amazing to me!
I feel so inferior :rotfl: Just kidding.

It’s a fine line (for me) between doing too much or not enough.
It *IS* a fine line for me too! Yesterday was too much. They ached and swelled ladt night. Soooo, apparently its either a trip to town OR baking a pie from scratch and preparing a birthday dinner for hubby! Not both!

It does, but I’m not good at making them. I cannot make a nice thin crust to save my life, not even a medium thickness crust. Thankfully my husband thinks any pie I make taste good! :roseshwr:

Hi @Neehutchy after reading your post on the walker I decided to go look for my cane and try walking with it. Ugh it looks like the walker will be my good friend for a while. Please be careful neehutchy. Take care. :wave:

I feel very awkward with the cane. I'm not using the walker any more unless I need and extra hand or two. The basket on the walker is great! Only thing I can figure out is that the cane is for stability of to make us more aware of how we are walking. Or to make people get out of your way :heehee:.

I used my cane for quite a while when I was in public just to make sure no one would bump into me. I still keep one in my car, 'just in case'!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom